Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hobby Racks (Chris Eagleton)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
argentine_boa
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was due to deliver it today, rang them up and they said they had no time to deliver because they were moving, said they have sent it out via courier.
They couldn't even be bothered to ring me up telling me it wasn't going to arrive, last time i deal with this guy. He has played me around yoo much, just hoping it all comes through as one
Stuart Marquis
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have still heard absolutely nothing from Chris Eagleton (if indeed that is actually his real name!) but I must admit that I have now given up on constantly chasing him.

Paypal have awarded me £105 compensation (after their admin fee) for being totally screwed over by Hobby Racks. That's something I suppose, but I had to spend out more than that to get the replacement heating equipment that "Chris" never delivered.

I'm also reporting him to the Office of Fair Trading because his advert on Ebay was a total mis-representation of the product that he actually has. That goes against the Trading Standards Act (1968).

Anyway, I'm ashamed to admit it and it does sound a bit weird, but I do take some comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who's been screwed by these cowboys. At least now there are more of us to spread the word and stop others getting hammered by Hobby Racks.

cheers
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you guy's have been taken for a ride by this character! It's a shame that the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true then 99% of the time it's not!" is actually correct.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: