Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veiled Pics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i'm gonna be totally honest now,it was a spur of the moment buy from a private seller,she came with an inadequate set up (a large exo terra tank) no heat and a tiny uv bulb,i knew i could cope with a cham as i'd researched before as i've always liked them so i knew i could give her what she needed,within a week of having her she was moved into a 3x3x2 viv,with adequate uv and heating and she seems perfectly happy,i've had her for nearly 3 months now,she was so so nasty when she first arrived but i can't get away with going in her viv now without her climbing onto me,lol!
So i never really planned on getting a male or female,she just kind of came to me,lol. Very Happy
Do most people choose males then?
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the chameleons I've kept I have chosen males first. They are generally larger and more colourful, not to mention you don't have to worry about them laying clutches of infertile eggs. I have only ketp female chameleons when trying to breed, but male chameleons as a 'pet'. Haven't got any pictures though Sad
Gina
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i think had i gone for a baby i would have opted for a boy but this little lady needed some care and attention so i couldn't turn her away. Sad
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

males certainly are bigger & brighter, although I do think female yemens are fantastic looking too (especially when gravid or just mated)

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pics of lovely healthy looking chameleons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: