Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roach Rack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Mark Laughing

I did have lids as a control to elimnate the mini mealworm beetle from my insect cultures (now all gone Laughing ) but now I don't use lids with any as they are unable to climb smooth sides.

The vents are stuck on using a 'blow torch', basically heat the vent in the flame until it goes 'black hot' (hold it in pliers Wink Laughing ) then drop it into place and run a spoon (or similar) around the edge to let it melt into the plastic....job done Cool

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mark_w
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - thanks for that.

No lids: I found that once the numbers of adults really boomed they started escaping en masse Shocked .

They can't climb smooth surfaces, but they can climb on each other. If you only have a couple or three inches of clearance, they can 'pile on' and get out.

I am still finding them in random places many weeks after discovering this... Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Mark.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use egg carton stacked in the middle, it doesn't touch the sides so they would need to stand on top of 100's to reach the top Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mark_w
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough - but don't say I didn't warn you, lol....

Cheers,
Mark.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine on shelving with long heat mats and same size tubs as yours, no side vents , no lids, any dampness is a big no no for them, no stats on mats either. For the climbers OI use a smear ov vaseleine around the rim of tub no problems with them getting out, also I place egg carton in the middle. Have htree species on the go and awaiting some P.Nivea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: