Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need urgent help with adder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw kelly, what iv seen you do for the various things you have is heartwarming. and when i think of wee jake....well you know what i think there. you are a lesson to us all.
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteraven666 wrote:
I feel like a thicky now.

No not at all! Please don`t think that.

The very fact that you display the maturity to take on board advice given and then act on it means that you are far from being a "thicky". Smile

Nobody can expect to know all there is to know about anything (although I have met a good deal of people who seem to behave as if they do believe so) which is especially the case at your young age so, let`s hear no more of you`re "feeling a thicky" please Kelly!

It`s always best to be open and honest regarding the extent of one`s knowledge (or lack of) regarding any subject in life. Far too many people are afraid to admit the limitations of their knowledge. This is certainly often the case regarding herp husbandry, and is often due in no small part to the fact that too many people, whom are often only slightly more enlightened, can often be all too eager to jump in and admonish a beginner on making an error. This occurs on forums with regularity.

To be able to accept advice that may not be what one neccesarily wants to hear, (as you have done on more than one occasion) also denotes intelligence rather than a lack of it.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou both Lynne and Peter Parrot.

I cant stand it when somebody brags about a certain species and tells you its care and say something like "they dont like handling" " keep em at this temp and your kill it" or my favourite "it bites, its a viscous animal" when they dont have any knowledge of the animal,its care or what the individual is like. Working in a furries petshop i get it all the time. Weve had people bring rats and hamsters back and say its a "vicsious and aggressive animal" and within a feww days ive handled them wihout any problem and theyre up for resale. Ive been told very wrong information by a local petshop to me "cough wiltons cough". It would have been better to tell me he didnt know than lie about care of the animal.

Thankyou for your replies everyone and advice on Adders. Ive learnt something new. All good Very Happy
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
brettmarcwebb
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Parrot. he does know loads hes great bloke been working with him for few month and it nice to c there r still peps out there who will help the UK wild life just like u there keep it up Twisted Evil
bats,
beared dragon,
loads of brids,
cat
and me two best frends
two dogs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: