Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chameleon photoshoot..I also need help identifying fischers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis, that's very interesting. The light coloured male only shows up a bit of colour...but not mch more than that. He is quite a bit smaller though, so might develop more. I have had someone on chameleonforums say he thinks they are both multis too, but I was thrown off by such a significant colour difference between them!

Dennis, have you had much experience with fischers? They are beautiful chameleons...and the most fast and agile I have seen to date! Have you seen light male multis before?

Thanks for looking Laughing
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful...( haha another chameleon addict Twisted Evil )
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely...I have also found that my wife is becoming ever more interested in the chameleons...allowing me more 'room to breath'..she is very tolerant of my turning the house into a jungle Very Happy I married a good one Very Happy She is actually in love with our panther Ozzy...I always find her standing watching him, and talking to him...so I'm not the only crazy one Laughing What a healthy addiction to have Very Happy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you put them on the plant by the window do they benefit from the UV or is it just the heat? i wasn't sure if it penetrated the glass Confused
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the heat....although if you find a way to keep the window open too, that can be a benefit...e.g. not putting anything they can climb on up to it...or covering the window in mesh Very Happy They seem to enjoy it anyway, and it's nice to sit on the sofa watching them go about their business on a big plant Very Happy
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes,ive seen much more light coloured males than coulored ones . I resist getting multis because im living in a flat directly under the roof and in summer its not possible to go down to the needed temperatures at night... Same with cristatus. Im thinking of building some cages in the cellar were its cool though Laughing
dartfrog
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe
are the Fischers the ones that you saw CB a little while ago? If they are didnt the seller know the species? All the best with them they look great really healthy. Excellent pics! Very Happy
Heather.
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis...I still think the light ones are beautiful...just confusing Laughing I'm investing in AC/cooler thing for one room...but also this summer may make use of the partly shaded areas outside Very Happy Will have to monitor it all carefully of course

Heather...they are captive bred as far as I am aware, originally from a Belgian chap. They are very nice specimens though, and have incredible grip!
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great collection of chams love Ozzy such bright colours.
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James...I wasn't best pleased with those pics...in real life he is so bright...I don't think you can appreciate a nosy be until you see one. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: