Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When i got back home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukeste
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: When i got back home Reply with quote

hay guys just posting to see if you can help me

bought a new breaded dragon at the weekend to go with my other 1 they are both female and both the same size and get on fine. when we got her she was sharing a viv with 2 other breaded dragons.

anyway went back home this dinner time to see bout 3 small piles of half digested crickets/mealworms now we have had are other breaded dragon for 5 months now and she has never done this so i assumed it was are new one and she had a black bread at the time.

she has been eating alot so i think it is that she was In competition to eat as much as she could get when she was in the shop and now she thinks the same and has eaten to much.

just wondering what you think it could be?

p.s she is active and alert
Central Scotland Reptiles
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think this would be a fair conclusion.
Also, the stress of moving house and having a new cage mate may have triggered this regurgitation. I would keep an eye on her over the next few days and if things don't improve consult a vet.

Last edited by Central Scotland Reptiles on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devon_Paul
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of a 'Breaded' Dragon!! Is this large Garlic Bread?? Smile

In all seriousness though, I have had this once with my Male Beardie. He does tend to fight for the food and sometimes his poo is mixed up with part-digested crickets etc. I have put this down to eating too much!!
Are you sure that the new lizard is not a male, as the Blackened beard is more akin to male behavior I think? This may be mating behavior given the time of year etc.
I am by no means an expert, but I would not worry too much and just keep an eye on them both to make sure that the poos do not get worse and that the new lizard doesn't get too aggressive.
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you sure that the new lizard is not a male, as the Blackened beard is more akin to male behavior I think

Not just a male thing - my female used to have a black beard around mating too! She often took control of the male! lol

Lizards should not normally regurgitate. Try feeding them seperately if possible and not too many bugs at once. Remember adult beardies have 75% veg and only 25% bugs.

If she gets sunken eyes and starts looking ill then pop her to a vet. In the mean time, give her a luke warm bath (just an inch water) to allow her body to allow her body to rehydrate itself and also encourage her to poo and get her guts going properly

Hope that helps Smile

Counting down the weeks til I get my Cham! My beardie is 10 1/2 years old Smile

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
lukeste
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the late reply guys didn't want to jinx myself by saying she is ok to early but yes she is ok now Very Happy thanks for all your reply have helped alot cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: