Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shower cabin viv?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Verbeeck
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Shower cabin viv? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to make a viv of a shower cabin? I was thinking of what to use as viv for tree monitors and Fiji iguana's and thought of the shower cabins. They will be easy to clean, have 4 tot 10mm security glass and an acrylic bottom and have easy access because of the large (sliding)door. Just need to make a light hood and they are ready to go.

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought about it many times Cool Though I would use the plastic non see through ones since I'd cover most of the sides with plants any how Laughing

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Tom Verbeeck
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, if I'm going to give it a try, I will also cover the back and sides with a fake rock background and lots of plants. But that's for later, I want to find out first if it is a good idea or not. I don't need an extra shower so if this idea doesn't work it's just a lot of hard working money that I waisted...

For as far as I can think this would work just great, but maybe I'm not thinking of something that might be important with this set-up...
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom:

Letīs do this toghether!!

I am in the upstart to modify a shower cabin, and making it into a outdoorterrarium for Hyla arborea.

Assumption is the Mother of all f***ups.
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work mate Wink the only design problem would be the hood the way around the would be to make a stand for it, basic E shape with out the middle line lol

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Tom Verbeeck
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hood wouldn't be the problem, I can just hang it on the roof, so I wouldn't need a stand.

Morbid: OK, I think I gonna give it a try. Keep me informed on how you're doing yours. The problems you find and the solutions you think of. I will probably start early next month.
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Verbeeck wrote:

Morbid: OK, I think I gonna give it a try. Keep me informed on how you're doing yours. The problems you find and the solutions you think of. I will probably start early next month.

Will do.. Iīll start a new thread for it later (when I have something to put, that is..). It will be easier to see and compare then I think..

lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chameleon's viv is made from a shower tray/panels.
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds a good idea, the only thing i can think of that might not be a big problem but with the shower ive got its like the one in the photo but its only glass on 2 sides of it as the other two are the walls of the bathroom which are tiled, i suppose you could get two but then you've gotta join them somehow? iam not sure if silicone would do the trick.
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine looks more like this..

I am planning to use L-shaped, T-shaped and H-shaped aluminium to build slidable frames with stainless steel mesh instead of glass / acrylic on two whole walls. The other two walls will probably be made of aluminiumsheets.
Roof / top will also be made of T-shaped and H-shaped aluminium with stainless steel mesh, probably with one of the back-corners covered with glass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: