Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Aim
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linda
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i did try and get it from martins post, it was only a five... Very Happy my cham will eat them just thought he may need something to fatten him up a bit and nourish him...
i think he is already addicted as he wont eat his locusts anymore and they just grow and grow and eat all the bloody plants. Sad

i did have a wax woem turn into a moth, he didnt last very long though, cahm loved him Laughing so i dont mind them turning into moths..

cant wait till th summer so i can go hunting for my own...
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep locusts can be a pain they often eat the ficus and umbrella leaves in the chams vivs. Any leftovers I take out or no leaves left! Saves them potentially
biting the cham at night to!

If you get worried that he is only eating waxies try not to feed him for a couple of days then offer crickets, locusts etc.

I am not sure how true this is, but wild caught insects may have a high level of parasites and if they have been feeding off commercially grown foods e.g farm fields etc they may have high levels of pesticides in them. Both of which may not be good for your cham. As I say I am not a 100% sure of this, I am sure others will have more accurate info on that particular subject.

I may try to catch some bees and squeeze some pollen out them in the summer Laughing (Rick covered in stings) Embarassed .

Rick

linda
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was told that if you catch ya own thn dont feed them right away keep them for a bit gut load with fresh veg and vits then feed them to cham.
let me kow how you get on with the bee squeezing Confused Laughing

i have tried not feeding him for a few days it hasnt worked.
but if he wants to eat just that then at least he is eating....i do feed fresh veg to them so i guess he is getting lots of vits and goodness in him....
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he is eating that's the main thing. If he seems OK in every other way then Very Happy .

Yep, as soon as I have squeezed a few bees I will let you know! If I can type that is!

I've not heard that about the insects, thanks.

Shocked

Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: