Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mellers chameleon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: mellers chameleon Reply with quote

I have a fairly young mellers chameleon, as shown in the picture in the other chameleon thread. But it seems to have come down with an illness. It is loosing weight quite rapidly, and will not move. It spends most of it's time asleep, and refuses to eat. She has a dripper, and we spray her, and she seems to drink a lot, but water is readily available all day. Temp in the day around 20, and a basking spot of around 30c. Night time drop to around 15c, and these are pretty constant figures. If anyone could help, it would be gratefully appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Ian
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what other chameleon thread? the only chameleon photos I've seen on here are Yemen chameleons.

Sounds like you need to bring the temp up, basking spot for a yemen can be 35c plus, background heat of 28c.

Offer a variety of food, only a little at a time or it may get stressed.

If all that fails, get to a vet.

Have you a photo of your chameleon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: