Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panther tempreture help please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varanus
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what service! Very Happy
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that will keep me busy for a while reading that lot!

I have two basking spots for my yemens, utilising diff wattage zoomed basking spots, controlled via dimmer stat. Tempreture gradiants are measured in three places within viv, nighttime heating is set to 75F controled via stat on room heating. UVA/B is from z/med reptisuns placed diagonally (to allow for larger tube to be used) across mesh on top of viv (viv 4ft high 3ft wide 2ft deep). Lots of natural (Umbrella & Ficus and silk plantings, lots of hiding places, various thicknesses of branches. Daily hand misting, calci sand for sub. All lights on timer 12 on 12 off. Have noticed the chams will bask at diff ranges at diff times e.g. upon waking, after feeding etc etc. Gues this helps to assimilate food and aids calcium production, kick starts the metabolism etc. The viv is self customised and 75% overall soft mesh. Placed air purifier below viv to aid air circulation purifier vents for outflow on top of unit so goes up and past viv, I guess the air heat exchange from mesh in viv draws in fresh from base mesh and vents via top mesh. Checked for drafts none there. Viv is placed 3.5 feet off the ground so yems feel safe.

Am interested in learning about other cham species / locales. Hence the Panther questions.

I do appreciate your repsonses and the information given. I am keen to learn so I can try to get it right, I also enjoy the research aspect before actually keeping any animal. Very Happy

Regards Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: