Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ventilation mesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Ventilation mesh Reply with quote

Don't know whether or not this will be of some use; but I have spent ages trying to get hold of some suitable wire mesh to add extra ventilation into a vivarium that will eventually house a Yemen. Plastic insect mesh seemed to flimsy, could not get hold of any metal mesh at builders merchants so searched online. Quoted silly prices by most companies. Best quote including post and packing was £20 for 2 square metres of woven stainless steel wire insect mesh hole gauge .9 of a mm. Website:

www.lockerwire.co.uk
(I don't work for them and no bribes were involved Laughing )
Rick
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find, well done.

have you actually ordered from them?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott
Not placed an order yet as I emailed quite a few companies and am slowly getting responses, they are the cheapest yet and manufacture onsite. Expanded metal from Dyers (have website if wanted) is cheaper to produce (and harder to cut) but still more expensive to purchase online. So far the best quote is the one in my previous post. Worst quote received was approx: £60 for 2square metres and that didn't include the post / packing. Allplaz (online) produce a polyethelene insect mesh that is £4 a square metre but very soft and flimsy would not stand up to a good chew! Cornish Crispa do a pack of I think it's five metal round gauze discs for £3.95 per pack, ok I suppose for small vent's. If I find anything cheaper I will post it up.
all the best. Rick
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Cheap mesh Reply with quote

I have been given a link to a mesh supplier, industrial stuff, charcoal fibreglass, insect proof,very good prices.

Twylight1963@aol.com <Twylight1963@aol.com>

Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: