Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you keep your Tarantulas in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budsteam
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly exo's - they have good ventilation and certainly the smaller ones are easy enough to control temps in and proide easy access.
Got one the arboreals in a custom viv though which I got at Kettering Ent Fair. Very Happy
David Maguire
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pen pal is not nearly big enough for lividum adults as they grow to about 5 inches and need an excessive amount of burrowing space
kingcobra
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by pen-pals, do you mean the manufacturer hagen? as geoplast make similar plastic vivariums, with clip-locking hatches etc, i have one called a geo flat,which is quite large ,and i would think that it would be large enough to house even large terrestrial spiders,it would certainly be big enough for an adult parahybana. the only drawback is the sides are not very high,and unless you place tape or clingfilm over the top, the humidity will be totally inadequate. Smile

however, if it is for haplopelma lividum you require your enclosure ,i would recommend a much deeper unit,as this species is an obligate burrower,which likes to disappear for long periods down its burrow. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: