Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hey looking for someone in leicester 2 dwaa mentor me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iguanaman2442
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: hey looking for someone in leicester 2 dwaa mentor me Reply with quote

hey im moving to leicester end of the week im 21. I have been looking into getting a dwaa for a few years now but to be honest i would prefer if someone was kind enough to mentor me for a while first. Just teach me the basics untill im confident with them enough to buy one i would not want to buy one unless i was confident to do the necesary things so if anyone is kind enough to help me out it would be much appreciated either post a reply or pm me please thanx everyone
robje29
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What species do you want to keep? My DWAL specifies what I am aloud to keep, not sure if that's the same for your new licensing authority or not?
iguanaman2442
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright mate not sure really prop a urocaun rattler or eyelash viper not that sure really and thats why i would like some mentoring first so what ever i decide to go for i will have some experience what have u got or getting
Bloodboy2000
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As explained on the "do you love me?" Shocked thread is very difficult and expensive for people to have you insured to work in a collection.

As for your selection of snakes i would say no to eyelash vipers as they can be extremely grumpy, are harder to hook especially in a naturalistic setup and they can be a pain in the bum to feed.

However urocoan are an excellent species and as of 10 years ago were very rare. They are now readily available and reasonably priced. I have worked with them many times and they really are an excellent starter rattler. Atrox ARNT due to the size they attain and there fiery tempers.

Try your local reptile shops as i know when i worked at one the insurance covered me to work with everything in the shop. As you've already said don't get anything without knowing what your doing, its taken me nearly 2 years of experience with hots to get to my dwa.

Best Of Luck

Tom
iguanaman2442
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tom would you happen to know any shops in leicester that stock dwa and even better does anyone know of a shop that has a job going that would be my ideal job i want to hopfully have my own shop 1 day not for a fair few years though anyone with a shop in leicester or near please get in touch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Venomous & other DWAA All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: