Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microclimate Advanced Heating System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Marquis
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Microclimate Advanced Heating System Reply with quote

Hi

Are these systems any good? I keep green tree pythons and I'm looking for an alternative to ceramic bulbs because I think these hang down too far once you've got the heat-guard in place. I have a few vivs set up using a habistat pulse prop thermostat and Habistat Reptile Radiator. Would I be better of using the microclimate system. The price would be about the same as I'm paying for a rep radiator and thermostat but it would cut down on electrics (plugs etc) I suppose.

thanks for the feedback!

Stuart
arborealad
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they work great as heaters stuart altough im not sure their the best aplication for your needs. Seing as the ceramic unit in them is exposed to the air (like a ceramic bulb) they tend to zap humidity very quickly.

Reptile radiators and basking plates are the way forward. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: