Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set-Ups
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meru
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,
Got your e-mail. Just incase anyone doesn't know me I'm Steve Gill who sold Karen the cresties. To be honest the size of the enclosure for the cresties shouldn't be an issue for them as long as shallow dishes of water and food are provided. Although we all have ideas of our own i have found they thrive in any enclosure as long as the humidity is correct and food source is included.
Let's not forget that when the crested gecko comes into the world in it's natural home New Caledonian , it's in a much bigger space Laughing
With the babies i do keep them in geo's with paper towel on the floor , but at approx 6 weeks old move them into bigger enclosures.
The 2 harlequins Karen bought where born at the end of July and the darker one beginning of August. So being almost 3 months ld should have no problem adapting to they new larger enclosure.
Also i am not going to sell a viv to make money, just provide a one at trade price which i know will be suitable for the cresteds.
I grow on groups of 40 youngster ( 3-5 months old ) in 3' x 2' x 3' and have and haven't had any problems with stress and them finding food and water. The only rule i do keep to is to replace the water and food fresh everyday and to put the dishes back to the exact same position on the floor of the mesh cage.

Regards Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: