Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gargoyle shed problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SI654
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Gargoyle shed problem Reply with quote

Think my gargoyle has a shed problem, i checked him a few nights ago and i saw it was shedding, so i gave it a fairly good spray just checked again tonight, his front foot all the the fingers seem to be stuck toghther on one foot only i have upped my spraying a bit more to keep the humidty up will this do the trick ... Question
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, if you still worried that there may be skin on his toes etc, take him out and place in a cricket tub with damp tissue or moss. Keep him in this overnight, this 'forced' extra humidity should allow the gecko to clean itself fine, if not you will be able to pull off any unshed skin the following morning.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Anne
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to have a closer look at mine to see if one of my males has got a similar problem - haven't seen him shed recently, but for the past week or so, he has not seemed to have any stickyness on his pads and mainly sits lounging about on the floor of the terrarium (substrate is orchid bark btw)
SI654
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is sorted now just sprayed a bit more thanusual and it came off on its own but i was worried there when his/her toes where all stuck toghther ...
Anne
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried putting him in a cricket tub with moist kitchen rool in it and left him there overnight - His pads still dont feel that sticky. If I have him on my hand and tilt him slightly, he slides Confused
Apart from this he seems ok, I cant see any unshed skin stuck or anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Rhacodactylus Geckos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: