Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested Projects
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Conservation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leiolopisma
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is a great idea. I am a PhD student working on the conservation genetics of the smooth snake and always find sourcing funding a nightmare. Have you thought about creating a grant with the funds that can be applied for? The British Herpetological Society runs a student grant scheme:http://www.thebhs.org/research.htm.

You could create a similar scheme that the BHS could manage based on your donations that worth conservation projects could apply to. Just a thought - plus it would give me a chance to apply for it!

As an aside I have been thinking about ways to raise funding for my research and had thought about a sponsor a snake scheme in which people could sponsor an individual snake from one of my study populations. In return for a small donation (which would help pay for implantable microchips (pit tags) which i use to identify individual) I would provide an image of their snake and information about its sex, size, capture history with updates as I recapture the animal etc...

Anyway that's my two pence worth!

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Conservation Projects All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: