Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegetable Nutritional Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Websites / Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freerein
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Vegetable Nutritional Information Reply with quote

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this - just came across it myself whilst doing a bit of research and thought it was really informative for all different reasons for all different lizards

http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing. Cool

Of course you are "allowed" to post it up! Laughing

The no posting of links to web sites until after 50 posts rule only applies to people promoting their own sites. This was put in place when it became apparent that a minority of people were only posting links to their own sites, and contributing precious little else to the forum. Some of the worst culprits were flooding all areas of the forum with nothing but adverts and links for their own sites.
As captivebred grew, it became more common place so the 50 post rule was introduced so that once a forum member had proved that they were a contributing member, and not just a forum abuser, then by all means they were welcome to promote their site with a thread in the relevant section. Up until then Scott had been , and still is in my opinion, very easy going and relaxed with the running of the forum. Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, it wasn`t long before certain individuals took advantage of this and abused it. So, unfortunately rules had to be enforced.
As a result this forum stays free due to constant policing (horrible word sorry) by the admin and moderators, of spamming and advertisements. Adverts stay on the free classified section provided which helps to keep the forum devoted entirely to discussion which enables everybody to get the most benefit from it.
Your post was a link to an informative and beneficial site that will be of use to others, and not just blatantly promoting your own site or business. Once the 50 posts level has been reached however, and hence the status of a contributing member has been reached, then as stated previously, any member is welcome to start a thread in the "Websites/links" section to promote their website and make people aware of it.

I really don`t think that it could possibly be any fairer than that, and it keeps the forum primarily free for discussion. Wink
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Websites / Links All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: