Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Concern Reply with quote

An add is on the classifieds for Yemen Chameleons babies being sold that are only two weeks old. I have emailed the seller to politely raise my concerns that they are being sold so young. None of my business really but there you go.

Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.. They are too fragile to sell at that young age, if you ask me..

Assumption is the Mother of all f***ups.
_dave_
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living Reef Aquatics in dartford sell them very very young. last time i was in there one had died and was right at the front of the viv on display! They are very overpriced in there, and from experience some of there animals do come with parasites!
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too saw this and emailed the seller saying that I was interested and at what age would they actually be ready to be re homed? as obviously he wouldn't be letting them go this early. I have no interest whatsover in buying from him I am just awaiting his reply, whereby I will confirm what Rick has quite rightly pointed out.
love Jan
reeve105a
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_dave_ wrote:
Living Reef Aquatics in dartford sell them very very young. last time i was in there one had died and was right at the front of the viv on display! They are very overpriced in there, and from experience some of there animals do come with parasites!

My wife phoned Living Reef Aquatics for a quote of a hatchling Brazilian rainbow boa. He first quoted £135 he then quickly changed his mind and said the price was £245. Shocked Other shops had quoted £170-£180 for the same size snake. He then told my wife that the web site wasn't working but she could e-mail any requests to his personal e-mail address SUC69 or FUC69 @------.com. Shocked
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF the seller is this Dartford shop- his web site says "coming soon" may 2004 !!! I am awaiting a reply still.
love Jan
_dave_
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living Reef Aquatics 125 Dartford Road Dartford Kent United Kingdom DA1 3EN Tel: 01322 281500
H.S.
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited their a couple of months ago and was quite impressed, I also had quite a long chat with the owner and he seemed quite helpful.
Prices didn't seem too out of line with the average Reptile Store price.
My only concern, was that had some Crocodile Skinks (I hadn't come across them before), and upon reading up on them later, discovered that they should be kept in a humid setup, which they weren't.

However, I have not purchased anything from the shop, so I can't speak for the quality of the animals.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dartford is only about 50 minutes from where I live I may pop in and have a mooch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Reptile Classifieds Scammer Warnings (do not post adverts!) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: