Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem solving with Exoterra flexariums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: problem solving with Exoterra flexariums Reply with quote

Every flexarium my sis has had for her chameleon has been a pain. You try to zip them up and the zip just pops outta the teeth rrrrrrreeeeeeaaaallllly anoying. Does anyone know how to combat this annoying design and how can I make zipping it up easier without usin safety pins?

any input would be appreciated Very Happy
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes You have my sympathy and understanding, this was one of the reasons I got rid of mine. The zip starts of sticking, so you need to apply more pressure to open the damn thing which in time results in the problem you have now. I also found that tiny strands of the mesh tended to snag the zip up too. I was told that the first time you ever use a flex you should run a smear of vaseline over all the zips teeth- not much help to you now though. The only real alternative is to either get rid and get a new viv or spend ages sewing velcro in place of the zips. Not much help I know but at least you know its not just you who's having/had problems.Just the other day I came across some flex type cages that had a more solid looking door in the middle of the mesh but the whole thing still relies on zips.
love Jan
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy thanks for that info. Its too late to take it back now so im gunna get loads of velcro and just get sewing
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Budda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are the worst designed things ever, they use zips for a start!!! you cant really see very much in them, bacterica gets encased in the fabric mesh, they arnt very strong etc. etc. the best cages for the purpose of high ventilation are Terry Thatcher Mesh Cages in my eyes, i know they are more expensive but you are paying for the quality of the cage! They are great and have an amazing visibility for a mesh cage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: