Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

herptek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: herptek Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know about the 100cm height herptek vivs? I was told that they may do a new viv in the larger sizes instead of the standard 50cm height ones. I know the herpteks are good vivs for some large boids and other snakes, but I find them too low for larger lizards, plus as any one got any ideas for lighting the vivs without causing any damage to the vivs, the problem is that in the big ones they project little light from where the bulb fits i.e 150cmx70x50 and 180cmx90x50
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a 100w powersun in my 4ft herptek for my tegu and this creates a nice basking area.In addition I have a Tube light attached to the back of the viv where the vents are..works well for me. Cool
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the tube situated on the outside of the back of the viv or inside?

What holds the tube in place, or if on the outside is it just resting on the back of the viv.

If I decide on herptek I do not really want to start making holes for wires etc to get ample light into the viv.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on the outside Sean so no need for making holes.. Wink Its clipped to the vent using the clips that come with the reflectors you use on fish tanks..sits nice and secure and illuminates the viv well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: