Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware when buying from-snakesanddragons_uk@yahoo.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eunectus
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my last comment on this thread, firstly i paid and was happy to wait for the cheque to clear before recieving the snakes,

secondly luckily i have a shop full of staff who were there when the snakes arrived, so i can prove that as well, thirdly other peole saw the state of the other ones the following day. the snakes were all examined by a vet, but i guess all these people and the vets lying as well

clearly this has gone from the snakes condition to what a bad person i am, I have not personally insulted dan or his wife in any way, but i assure you i was told certain things as well by a number of people but that is here nor there, the bottom line is angi has always wanted that species, and i was trying to give her a nice surprise, I can say that dan supplied a nigriceps which was in good condition,

i personally didnt want it to be like this, i just wanted my partner to get the snakes she wanted. I am sorry people feel i was unfair asking for a snake which was dead on arrival, i didnt ask for the refund on the others as i felt they had been with us for a week and therefore that wasnt appropiate. So i am not sure how i have been so unfair

dan did refund the snake which arrived doa, within 48 hours
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you that the picture was taken within 30 minutes of the snakes arriving. The dead did smell as if it had been dead for quite a while a good day or 2 in my opinion- or maybe dead a short time but kept in warm conditions.
I will swear on my daughters life that these snakes came from Dan and were not previously in the freezer. Everyone who knows me knows how honest and open I am and that I would NEVER try to conn another individual. My problem is that I care to much. I was in tears on more than one occasion regarding the suffering these snakes must have gone through.
Don't forget that 5 people saw them arrive and a vet saw them all too, how can we falsify that and whats more, why would we want to?And before anyone calls our staff into question - we have a policy in our shop regarding respecting every ones opinion, none of our staff would blindly agree to lie for us - they are all very strong personalities, they all feel very strongly regarding the issue of animal welfare and would never let any harm come to any animal, this passion is throughout our team.

Dan, the remaining snakes drank from a sprayer for quite some time upon arrival. This species is particularly prone to dehydration, it is cited in many books and articles.(ie Snakes of Thailand book by Merl Cox ) I can understand if you didn't know how to look after them properly as it can take quite some time to acquire all the literature available regarding their husbandry, but then the nigraceps was not dehydrated at all! If you do not know how to look after a particular species then you should not be selling them.
Having spoken to Jon this morning, he has said he warned you that they were not so good at drinking from a water bowl and are at high risk from suffering from dehydration. So basically there is no excuse. I did view one of the three drinking from the water bowl, the other two drank from the spray - something for you to think about in the future maybe.
Lee
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: snakes and dragons Reply with quote

I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO MY FRIEND MARK HE WANTS TO MAKE IT CLEAR THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS SHOP SNAKES AND DRAGONS IN HULL.
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee - I will verify that, dont worry. I believe that Dan is changing his business name - maybe to avoid such confusion. Im sure he can comment on that though.
These snakes did not come from the shop called Snakes and dragons
Im not in the habit of getting involved with things like this, but it was a serious enough case for me to post. .
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

It would appear there are questions i need to answer. I will do so to a degree but the vast majority you will have to decide for yourself.

My business name is not now nor has it ever been snakes and dragons. This has however been my personal email address since i first came onto the internet. I am in no way associated with Mark who owns the shop trading under that name in Hull.

Angie, the entire transcript of the deal was posted up because i know that when dealing with trouble makers it helps to show the facts i can prove. I am willing to allow anyone to see the actual e-mails if there is any doubt as to the authenticity, although as Peter has confirmed the majority there are only minor issues to go over.
Such as the post office mess. We are all fully aware that the royal mail service is not as it should be. However, we made every effort to contact all the post offices local to the shop to try to confirm the authenticity of your claim. We were dubious, at best, about your honesty. Your reputation when it comes to paying bills is far from perfect and after we had located a bank "close" to you we found this episode highly suspicious. As stated, we are not local to Peter and we do not know the layout of Filton or the surrounding areas so when we asked the bank how far Filton was we took his word. I did actually ask on here for others to comment on this. As far as i am concerned however this mix up could well have been handled better by myself which is why i gave you the B.nigriceps.

Regarding the quality of the animals sent. I have but one picture of any of the B.drapeizi. This is of the female sat on her clutch of eggs and can be found in the arboreal section on here. There were more, however, as my luck goes they were destroyed when my laptop failed. I can prove my laptop was repaired and the hard drive was replaced but thats about it. The picture of the female only exists still as it is held online in my photobucket account. This is inconvenient for me but such is life.

As i stated as soon as i found out that one had died i assumed it would have been one of the green B.drapiezi. Imagine my suprise when i received the picture shown earlier in this topic. The very first words out of my mouth were something along the lines of "f*ck me, is that one of ours?" Don't get me wrong, i sent out 5 animals of WC origin of a genus that is renowned for being a pain, these animals were not in perfect condition by any means but they were certainly better than average animals considering there origin. Animals being kept incorrectly certainly do not breed.

At that stage i rang a friend and expressed my concern that i was being set up for a fall. We made the rapid decision that anything Peter asked for would be facilitated in order to ensure that we could not look any worse than he was going to try. Yes, we have been waiting for this to happen.

My reputation as a person is fiery at best. I am abrupt, confrontational and sometimes compared to a badly hormonal woman. My reputation as a keeper is however allmost never questioned.
I have kept reptiles for the better part of 20 years, i have been buying and selling reptiles through the internet for the last 6 or 7 years(?). During that period i can list the amount of problems "customers" have had on one hand.
Nerys would be one, selling animals with mites is unnaceptable and we were shocked to here that the treeboa Nerys received from us had them. To this day while we have accepted there were mites on the snake we have wondered where they came from as no others in the collection had them at that point. As such a prominent internet figure the last thing we would have wanted to do is provide her with a sub-standard animal.
Over the last few months our investment in the hobby has been picking up pace. So much so that prior to this period we bought and sold maybe 300 animals however in that period (up to and including last night) we have bought and sold just short of 2000 animals.
These have come from importers within the UK and Europe, Zoological institutes and private breeders, they have then been sold back to the same sort of clients. At the beginning of this month we also supplied a wholesaler with animals to be sold on through retail outlets.
I pride myself on providing the best animals and information/help i can. My own collection is maintained with exactly the same care, which can be verified by members of this site.
There are keepers on this site who have experienced both the quality of animals i have bred, those i have sold and have asked me for help only to receive the best that i could possibly give them, whether it benefitted me or not.
For me to send out animals in such poor condition to someone like Peter would be very risky indeed, not to mention contradictory.
Over the last few months, in conjunction with a local courier service, i have been in the throws of designing a box specifically for the transport of live reptiles to ensure the safe transport of animals through this method. The RCC (Reptile carry case) is near prototype stage and was to be submitted to the FBH when ready, although they were unaware of this. Strange that i would do this if i am simply interested in making money. Along side this i have also been looking to provide constant funding for reptile re-homing centres based in the UK, we are currently working on a way to ensure that only the genuine homes receive funding. Again, strange i would take such action if i am simply out to make a few quid with little to no care about the animals i sell.

Out of the recent sales only one deal has gone wrong in such a way. I find it highly suspicious that the deal that has gone wrong involves Mr Blake and has come to light less than one week since i started to circulate my pricelist for green tree pythons, a species Peter imported and sold in high numbers for quite some time.
I received no notification that the remaining animals they had received were either ill or dead until this post. Why anyone would with hold this information makes me wonder what is coming next. Peter is aware that i know information about both him and his company dealings and may be aware that i know he was investigated for his handling practices so i can only assume that this has been designed to discredit me and deflect and accusations he currently faces.
I will not go into what i know as it would be a pointless exercise at this stage. If this does degenerate into a mud slinging exercise though i will contact Scott to discuss negating his liability for my future posts. This section of the forum is of great value to everyone and i would hate to be part of the reason it is removed.

So, in a nut shell. I believe that this is a deflection exercise designed to discredit me. You are all most welcome to make your decisions about it one way or another. I would ask though that those people who have received sub-standard service from me post on this topic so a fuller picture can be shown. I would imagine that the majority will be based on personal issues.

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again Dan, I state that are dealing with me and not Pete in this post. Pete and I may be engaged but we are most certainly very separate independent parties.
It was I who decided to post and not Pete - I did not inform Pete of my decision to post, why should I ? He is not my keeper.

I also have a good reputation with reptiles and have had no episodes of ill repute regarding reptiles to this date!

I came on here feeling angry and sad regarding these snakes and feel fully justified in doing so.

I still haven't had any clear answers or explanations regarding the snakes. All you seem to care about is trying to put Pete down and basking in your own glory.
Dan, I do not know you at all. Don't you even care about what happened to these snakes? I do not know how you can live with yourself.
eunectus
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

Thats fine, you have had your say, personally i didnt even know you were importing gtps, but that is clearly aside. I also will let everyone make there opinion, as i also agree mud slinging serves noone, a point i made to scott earlier, but its fine dan if u believe the reason i complained TO YOU about the snakes was due to your gtp shipment thats fine, Actually the only thing i cared about was angi being upset when a doa happened. I would suggest scott that u now lock this subject and allow people to make there own minds up.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dan and Angie both agree that this has reached suitable point for people to make their own decisions then we will lock this thread.I think both parties have posted in a mature way and glad it hasn't got out of hand.I await to hear from Dan and Angie as to wether its locked or not.
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no objections to the topic being locked, Ive made my point, unfortunately I do not feel that Ive had a plausible answer. But then at least people have been warned.
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that both sides of the dispute have kept their posts mature and calm and that nobody has resorted to insults.

I do feel that Dan`s opinion as to whether the thread should be locked or not should also be asked before doing so however. Cool
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: