Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHS Doncaster Breeders Meeting 06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: IHS Doncaster Breeders Meeting 06 Reply with quote

I didn't actually plan to do this show due to the distance but because the Essex show was so much fun I decided to try the IHS one too. I planned to get up a 4.am and leave by 5 but me liking my bed so much I didn't get up until 5 and then left at 6!!!

Nice easy drive on the way up, we stopped for a service station breakfast (£20 Shocked ...felt like I was being robbed!), then carried on up the M1, we just missed what looked like a fatal accident, people still laying on the road not moving, smoke and steam coming from there flattened car...no emergancy services there either....there were plenty of people helping out so we carried on driving (plus it was a bit soon after our eggs & beans to be looking at such things Wink ).

Got to Doncaster easy enough, pleasent drive up until we reached the show venue...then NOT A SINGLE SIGN!!!! not even for the leaisure centre itself Evil or Very Mad So after half hour driving round and asking people we finally made it Cool

The venue was quite good and well laid out, all tables looked taken and some good looking animals for sale.

We wasn't expecting to sell too much as it was a 'closed show' ie members only but the que just before the doors opened looked big! (well bigger than the apparent 30 who turned up at the last one).

In the end we were suprised by just how much sold, went with three big boxes and came away with just two! Very Happy so very pleased....thanks to all who bought from us.

It was good to put faces to names (although forgive me as I am terrible at remembering and matching them back together at later dates Embarassed Laughing ), Good to meet Jamie, Mark W, Joe, Mark from The Reptile Room (great looking van in the car park!), Al Stotton who I've not seen since the good old days of 'Dutch Snake Day', Chaz Thompson, trying to remember everyone else but I'm still half a sleep...oh yeah John C & Debs....(sorry to any I've forgotten) to those that didn't introduce themselves (and who bought geckos!) don't be so shy next time Wink Laughing

Overall a very worthwhile day, even with the 5 hour drive home.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I was too shy to introduce myself.. Embarassed

I had a great time and bought my first cornsnake - a nice amel from Carol Friend. So much for me not buying anything...lol. My Dad bought two amel female corns.

I'm glad the journey was worth it for you Scott - may be you'll venture further north and do ours next year... Wink

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
Darky
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a thoroughly good time !!
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie wrote:

I had a great time and bought my first cornsnake - a nice amel from Carol Friend. So much for me not buying anything...lol. My Dad bought two amel female corns.

I'm glad the journey was worth it for you Scott - may be you'll venture further north and do ours next year... Wink

that's terrible Jackie.... Laughing

Did you even venture over? if so give us a clue to see if we can work out who you were Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Darky
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could but I fear its more than my lifes worth hahaaha !!!!
mg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
Jackie wrote:

that's terrible Jackie.... Laughing

Did you even venture over? if so give us a clue to see if we can work out who you were Wink

I think I know..... Wink brawn hair, black jumper, black boots and stretch jeans. Was that you Jackie? xx
mg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god.. Shocked. I scared myself with this advertising picture..! Embarassed
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope that wasn't me. Laughing

I did come over quite a few times Scott, but you were either talking or I bottled it...lol. I have blonde hair and was wearing a green coat.

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
sssnakequeen
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there too, had a good day and only made 1 purchase. Very Happy
Al Stotton
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: IHS Doncaster Breeders Meeting 06 Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
I didn't actually plan to do this show due to the distance but because the Essex show was so much fun I decided to try the IHS one too. I planned to get up a 4.am and leave by 5 but me liking my bed so much I didn't get up until 5 and then left at 6!!!

Nice easy drive on the way up, we stopped for a service station breakfast (£20 Shocked ...felt like I was being robbed!), then carried on up the M1, we just missed what looked like a fatal accident, people still laying on the road not moving, smoke and steam coming from there flattened car...no emergancy services there either....there were plenty of people helping out so we carried on driving (plus it was a bit soon after our eggs & beans to be looking at such things Wink ).

Got to Doncaster easy enough, pleasent drive up until we reached the show venue...then NOT A SINGLE SIGN!!!! not even for the leaisure centre itself Evil or Very Mad So after half hour driving round and asking people we finally made it Cool

The venue was quite good and well laid out, all tables looked taken and some good looking animals for sale.

We wasn't expecting to sell too much as it was a 'closed show' ie members only but the que just before the doors opened looked big! (well bigger than the apparent 30 who turned up at the last one).

In the end we were suprised by just how much sold, went with three big boxes and came away with just two! Very Happy so very pleased....thanks to all who bought from us.

It was good to put faces to names (although forgive me as I am terrible at remembering and matching them back together at later dates Embarassed Laughing ), Good to meet Jamie, Mark W, Joe, Mark from The Reptile Room (great looking van in the car park!), Al Stotton who I've not seen since the good old days of 'Dutch Snake Day', Chaz Thompson, trying to remember everyone else but I'm still half a sleep...oh yeah John C & Debs....(sorry to any I've forgotten) to those that didn't introduce themselves (and who bought geckos!) don't be so shy next time Wink Laughing

Overall a very worthwhile day, even with the 5 hour drive home.

I agree it was a pretty good day overall for a members only affair!

Good to see you again my friend! Smile gotta give you a ring soon ,arrange to hook up again and take a trip down memory lane Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: