Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beardie barmy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: roches Reply with quote

what does the room temp need to be for the roches to breed ? because if its to low i will need a heat mat thanks lee
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee, no idea what the "official" temp is but my lobster roaches are seldom below 80f, and are breeding prolificly. Mine are in open tubs (2" vaseline barrier around the top) which are in a row with a heat mat running under all of them. Being from the Carribean I would have thought late 70`s to early 80`s would be ideal.

No substrate, egg crate pile one end, and I feed dry wheat bran into which I mix a little powdered milk and fish flake, but they really go for the wet feed which is just mixed fruit and veg.

There seems to be enough moisture in the fresh food for them though I do give the egg crate a very light spray of an evening . Wink
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
beardie barmy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers pal Very Happy
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes same as here to. I place mine direct onto the heat mat, have never bothered stating it. They breed like wildfire! All of what Peter has said is identical to how I keep mine. Did you get the care guide I sent you Lee for the lobsters?

I still have lobster cultures left if anyone is interested, pm me.

Insectsunlimited
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Roach temps Reply with quote

Hi, Dave @ Insects Unlimited & I breed & supply roaches. As a rule with the majority of roaches, they like it between 80 & 95d F. under 75 & they won`t breed but the higher your temps, the quicker they will breed. I keep my insect room at a constant 85d F ambient with a heat mat along one wall so they`ve got a hot end of about 90-92. Most of the colonies are happy up the hot end but they must have more moisture as they will dehydrate very quickly without enough moisture. This can either be in the form of regular fresh fruit, or kitchen roll dampened... or if your rich... Gel.

It may be the early bird that gets the worm but it`s the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: