Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pythons of The World - volume 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budsteam
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$220 including postage this is mint still in printers box signed edition.
Worked out just over £100 as sterling's pretty strong at mom.

Found one on ebay $260 plus shipping, found another on Amazon for

er hum... £1,312.64 Shocked

Yeah it is out of print but really!
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Had a browse through this book today and if you are into royals then this book is must for you..Very impressive pics and jammed with info.
Even spotted a certain members snake in there! Wink
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: New Royal Python books, Reply with quote

Both VPI's and NERD's new books are excellent books for the Royal Python enthusiast. Dave and Tracey Barker's book has a great deal of technical and historical detail, whereas Kevin McCurley's book looks more towards the breeding and production of morphs. Both books contain colour pictures of all (at the moment!) of the fabulous diversity of both colour and pattern morphs.
Congratulations to both Dave/Tracey and Kevin on producing two excellent reference books. Ideal Xmas presents for anyone bitten by the 'Ball' bug!!!
Eric Davies
Wendy
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received my copy of the Barkers one it arrived late last week so I haven't exactly read it all yet ... brought it directly from the U.S. from their web site, it was beautifully boxed and arrived safely, well worth the asking price, I have the NERD one too, don't ask me to choose one and throw away the other as I wouldn't know which way to go, both are well worth owning.. Very Happy
Herpquest
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy wrote:
I have just received my copy of the Barkers one it arrived late last week so I haven't exactly read it all yet ... brought it directly from the U.S. from their web site, it was beautifully boxed and arrived safely, well worth the asking price, I have the NERD one too, don't ask me to choose one and throw away the other as I wouldn't know which way to go, both are well worth owning.. Very Happy

Each book is complementary to the other, they are both essentials as far as I am concerned!
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it, i'm waiting on my copy of volume 2.. never read volume 1.. figured volume 2 would be more up to date.. I've also got NERD's book, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long received this.. took longer than the DVDs to arrive which was odd.

I bought it directly from the VPI store.. $75 inc. p&p if i remember correctly.

Having only skimmed over some of it.. i think i'll enjoy reading this book!
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading this book a couple of days ago, and i enjoyed it a lot.

Some useful tips on breeding that i wouldn't have known!
Matt W
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this book yesterday by accident (i ordered volume 1!!) But to my delight Mr Barker allowed me to keep vol 2 as a gift for his mistake and even as a Morelia fan, i have to say its a really fantastic book and worth every penny if royals are your thing? And maybe even if they arent as there seems to be plenty in this book about pythons in general although it obviously concentrates on royals, the gallery is fantastic!!! i look forward to recieving volume one now and i hope its as well written as what iv seen from this issue!

Here's one quote i found quite humourous, it is from the erradicating snake mite sections and one of the alternate treatments... mouth wash?

"It seems likely that the alcohol in mouthwash is the active ingrediant against the snake mites. If that's so, probably bourbon, vodka, or other distilled spirits diluted with water would also work effectively to erradicate snake mites. But be careful, because small ammounts of ethanol are relatively toxic to some animals. Although some keepers seem to tollerate it well, we do not know whether snakes have any paticular sensitivity to it. And we caution you that in some states it may be an offense to provide liquor to an underage snake" Ball Pythons: The history, natural history, care and breeding.

Good book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: