Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a partner for slinky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonleyboy1
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: a partner for slinky Reply with quote

Hi peeps it has been a while since i was on here. I am in need of sum advice, I had 2 corns but ma flatmate never put the lid on the viv properly and 1 escaped!! i was gutted especially since she has never turned up. this was 5 monthes ago now and slinky has been on her own since. i was wondering if it would be possible to put another corn in beside her now, she is a very calm snake she doesnt even strike at her food. although she does feed very well and sheds almost every 4 weeks to the day. can you help please[/url]
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slinky doesn't need a friend, but if you're considering getting another to go in with her, you still have to quarantine your new one. Don't want any nasties to past on.

Then again they may not get on together, so you'll need some where to seperate them.

Also, if you get another, you would be best with another female.

What size/ age is slinky?

Honestly, IMO I think if you want another snake, best to get another set up.

Hope this is of some help?
Lady Python
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be wary of putting another snake in with her now. Cornsnakes are known to have cannabalistic tendencies. We have several Corns and they are all housed separately. We use "Really Useful Boxes" (that's their name) which are cheap and excellent for making vivs with. A large one costs £12.99 and they are available at Staples and PC World also sell them. I just put holes in the using a soldering iron. They're easy to keep clean and withstand high temperatures so putting a heat mat underneath is no problem.

The only time I would put another Corn in is if I was going to breed them, other than that, house them separately.
1 Milksnake - Ringo
2 Cali Kingsnakes - Nigel & Sally
7 Cornsnakes - Kai, Ryoko, Kiyone, Charlie, Onyx, Jake & Barney
1 Pinesnake X Bullsnake - Joe

RIP Sammy Snake
lonleyboy1
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the advise i just didnt want to put another snake in there and 1 of them to get injured. slinky is about 26" and growing pretty quickly and about a year old aprox. i think i will end up getting another set up going on your advise. thanx again
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya Very Happy
Stubbs
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't give up on the one that escaped. I've had an escaped ratsnake turn up after a month and a kingsnake turn up after 4 months. It's very likely that its still in your house. I know you will have looked but if u can, check under floor boards, hot water pipes, search at night, and leave tin foil and flour lying around. If the snake is moving around then at least this way you will be able to hear it or see it's tracks. I know its minging but leaving mice on the floor might work. Even though its summer he could of gone into hibernation if he found somewhere cool, so don't give up hope as there's nothing more rewarding than finding a snake you never thought you'd see again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: