Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reptile Fan Club Users - information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Websites / Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornfan
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reptile Fan Club Users - information Reply with quote

Most of you already know that our forum was hacked yesterday. Dave is currently working very hard on reinstating it for us but both he and I have full time jobs as well which means that this reinstatement will be a little slower than we would like. Please all be patient and send some happy thoughts to Dave as he works on this arduous task for us.

These things happen and my message to the "trouble"-maker is this: You'll never beat us. A little disruption to our site will never rock our community. We're united in our hobby and regardless of the little hiccups along the way, we're united in our aims. A forum does not make our community what it is - the people do and the people who use our forum and belong to our club are some of the best we have. I am extremely flattered that you thought us worthy of your attention.

RFC members - I think we've grown large enough for people to notice us now, don't you? Well done to all of you for making us what we are. FAN-BLOOMIN-TASTIC!

Reptile Lover
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya, sorry to hear your forum was hacked. Do you think it was reptile related? This forum has been hacked a few times previously and I have always traced it back to eastern european hacking forums, where members post up details of sites they have hacked and gloat over it!

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
hogboy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled the muppets name, he/she appears to be from the Black sea region of Turkey.
Also appears to be joining a lot of forums, random types, not reptile related.
Why dont these delightful individuals get a life.
cornfan
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the google on it too......... it happens to every forum at some point - I guess we were just lucky to have lasted this long! The hacker may originate elsewhere but there are boards out there where people can put in requests for hackers to target particular sites. We'll never know or be able to prove anything. We just have to deal with it as best we can and carry on regardless. Stiff upper lip and all that! Wink

Reptile Lover
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did he/she/they do once they had access?

To play the devils advocate here i can see where the thrill comes from, i just don't see what the destruction achieves?

If it were me i'd hack in and put up funny pics or change things to be silly. That would also show how much access i had but without the destructiveness that seems to go with it.

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sory to hear that Tanya, lots of forums have been hacked recently. I don't think its a personal thing just idiots doing what they do best, being idiotic!

Good for you though keep yer pecker up!

cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about that tanya , COME ON DAVE UR DOING A GREAT JOB Very Happy hope ur back on ur feet soon Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Websites / Links All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: