Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insect Duster!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Insect Duster!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi im just wandering what substance you use to dust your crickets/mealies etc? Currently im using nuetrabol (sp) as i got told to use this by my reptile breeder. Im aware its not just calcium but so far iv had no trouble with it. all comments welcome.
1 x Bearded Dragon (Zeus)
_dave_
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use nutrobol too Smile its always done my herps well!
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use nutrobal , but iv recived some info off a very good breeder who said nutrobal is good but , using calypso calcium dust and then using repton vitamins u can be sure the ammounts u are giving like some reps require more calcium than others, also if a certain female rep is gravid and requires more calcium u can up her in take but with nutrobal u dont know how much the rep is getting , so there is something to think about , im sorry if none of that makes sense its just i can only remember bits i was told il have a word with the guy who told me and ask him to post up here wat was said , im sure u all know this person anyway lol
Geordiegirl
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a mixture of both to dust the crickets for my crested gecko but just leave a bowl of pure calcium in the tank for my Leos and dust their food with the nutrobal alone.
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutrobal is fine to use. I rotate it with other supplements that are easily available.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also use nutrabol and calypso been trying to get hold of that stuff americans use, rep cal its called, calcium and d3 with no added vitamins or phosopherus anyone used it before? or know if its available in the uk
Euscorpius
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use nutrobal once a week and pure calcium twice a week Smile

Exotic pets forum
redbelly
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattie wrote:
i also use nutrabol and calypso been trying to get hold of that stuff americans use, rep cal its called, calcium and d3 with no added vitamins or phosopherus anyone used it before? or know if its available in the uk

you can use "miner all I" d3 with no vits or calcuim it is a multi mineral supplement
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use real butter not margarine!

I calypso as a pure calcium duster so I can adjust the amount as per herp needs, plus repton and nutrabol as required.

Must admit my preferred method is good quality gut loading of feeder insects. I am extremely weary of overdoing it with vits and mins, due to the possible and in some cases proven harmful side effects caused by overdosing and long term usage. more research is required in these areas. Some brands are better quality than others synthetic derivatives, natural derivatives etc etc.

When you look deeply into the subject it can be mind boggling! Some vitamins cancel the action of others, so then more of one and different combos are required, it all gets quite mad actually Shocked

rachel132002
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1 teaspoon of nutrabol mixed with 3 teaspoons of calypso powder mixed together in a flower duster and just chuck that over all livefeeds and so far everything's okay. Used this cuz i always forget what i use when and hate getting the stuff on my hands or using too much so duster makes it eaassyyy
2 BCC
2 JCP
2 Leos
1 Beardy
2 Cresties
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: