Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could i have photo peoples opinions please :).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazz
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Could i have photo peoples opinions please :). Reply with quote

Would you consider these a improvement on the last one i posted a wile back (Collard doves).

Last edited by Gazz on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gazz
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by Gazz on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting better, although to me the telegraph pole appears more in focus than the birds.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Right no offence meant here mate but when it comes to people asking for honest opinions on photography I see little point in glossing over things and replying with an answer more aimed at keeping someone happy than being truthfull.. Wink The birds do look out of focus to me and as Scott has picked up on the pole is more in focus than the bird in one of them..Are these again at full zoom?If so then it could easily be fixed with use of a monopod or tripod.I would maybe try shooting something a little closer rather than pushing your ability and lens to the limit straight away..Have you got the exif data?..the info of the settings you used at the time pics was taken..i.e.shutter speed...aperture iso etc?
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Confused Right no offence meant here mate but when it comes to people asking for honest opinions on photography I see little point in glossing over things and replying with an answer more aimed at keeping someone happy than being truthfull.. Wink The birds do look out of focus to me and as Scott has picked up on the pole is more in focus than the bird in one of them..Are these again at full zoom?If so then it could easily be fixed with use of a monopod or tripod.I would maybe try shooting something a little closer rather than pushing your ability and lens to the limit straight away..Have you got the exif data?..the info of the settings you used at the time pics was taken..i.e.shutter speed...aperture iso etc?

Yes it was at full zoom and i was using a tripod and was set on auto focus and settings.I was looking for things a bit closer the birds are Farly tame around my garden but the they just seem to know when you about with a camera and disappear Razz Razz so i took what ever came my way.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool what focus setting you using?..even with a tripod you can get a shot out of focus just by pressing the shutter button!..at times this can be enough to throw things.Try using it at half zoom as even expensive lenses can be soft wide open.Although these pics look more out of focus than soft.Trial and error mate thats all you can do..and the beauty of digital is it costs nothing to check your shots out. Wink
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
:I would maybe try shooting something a little closer rather than pushing your ability.

Hi stuart i took aboard what you said yes my i was pushing my or the lens or both ability here's some pictures of has to be the easy type of bird to take a picture of.the farthest one is the mallard with the reflexion and the one on land he was about 13ft away i think the picture quality is starting to go ? at this point.The other was no more than 7ft lot more clearer i think ?.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second one is the clearer of the 3 imo..much more in focus..try boosting the contrast a little too.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: