Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tpsuk.... never again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: tpsuk.... never again Reply with quote

Thought i would order 100 silk worms from TPSUK for my babies to try..

I ordered and paid on the thursday 31st and recieved email confirmation on the 1st to say the ordered had been sent.
Almost a week later and no silkworms.

I then wrote and told them the order had not been recieved and they said i had to wait till the next day and they would send another batch. They also mentioned that 3 or so other orders sent out that same day had gone missing...

Well, soon after that my silkworms arrived.. There did not seem to many in the 1 bag, so i counted them.. There was 67 & 6 of them was dead.. I know there are always a few dead ones when you buy live animals.. I always get my locusts & butterworms sent via post...

I decided that 67 worms was not really good enough, not when i paid for 100.. Am i being unreasonable ?? Question go on guys, you can be brutally honest here...
I have written to tpsuk and as of yet i have not heard from them.. Evil or Very Mad
I am going to wait until after the weekend and re-send the same email.
If they still don't answer i think i may try taking it up with paypal..

what do you think.. i know you won't get exactly 100 , but i didn't get 3/4 of the order i paid for...

This has really put me off purchasing from them again... I have purchased from livefood uk before and never had any problems.. wish i had stuck to them..
mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you sharon, i think you are being perfectly reasonable, you should get what you payed for, its the principle of the matter,you were sold a 100 so you should get a 100, let us know how you get on
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi shron try these http://www.silkworm-supplies.co.uk/order3.html
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its totally reasonable to accept the amount you ordered!..not just over half..
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thread, obviously on livefoods at the same time Sad

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are sold a hundred you should get 100! If there are any dead, then that's a matter for their 'small print' Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it up with paypal if they ignore you ,im wondering how many others they do this two. think how much they save ..... Evil or Very Mad

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you not enough people complain in this country when they dont get what they paid for, go for it.

Start of polite detailing the exact problem and tell them exactly how you want them to deal with it. I always add at the end of a complaint letter; I would like to do business with you in the future, therefore I will leave it at your discretion as to how you will compensate me for ,,,,,,,,,,, state problem, as a goodwill gesture on your part. I am sure such a gesture will restore my faith in your company/ products /whatever. This is on top of putting the problem right, nine times out of ten this has worked for me.

Be precise in exactly how you want them to rectify the problem such as sending out the correct amount or a reimbursement etc.

Good luck. No business wants adverse publicity!

Sharon
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: silkworms Reply with quote

Thanks guy's,

it's real good of you to get back to me.. I don't feel quite so awkward about going back to them again..

thanks also rickeezee, i will address my letter like you have said.. You have a good choice of words, unlike me.

Incidently, this morning i went to get some of the silkworms out to feed my beardies and several more had died. "aprox 11 / 12"
They had actually turned black and gone gooey.. wasn't very nice at all. I picked all the dead ones out and just put the others in a tub... do these silkworms go this colour ?. I only got some out of the tub 24 hours previously and i had already removed the dead ones.. They all looked fine what was left in there..

I have them in the shavings what they came in.. I didn't buy food for them because i figured they would not be around long enough to require it.. But i guess it all depends on how long they went without food in the store...

Thankyou again everyone Smile i will keep you updated on what happens..
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used silk worms so am not sure how you keep them. Good luck with it all anyway. Don't feel bad about standing up for your rights!

You hopefully will find that they are more than happy to put things right and then you will feel good that you did bring it up with them.

If they want your future custom and if they want good customer relations then they will put the situation right. Business is just that at the end of the day. They are there to make money and you as a customer are there to get what you paid for. After all your the one giving them your hard earned!

The best advert is word of mouth and positive customer recommendation's. In my view any business worth its salt will foster that situation. Naive not to really when you think what they are in business for. I 'm rambling I shall shut up now. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: