Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fridge incubator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: fridge incubator Reply with quote

Thinking of making a incubator out of my old caravan fridge , my hovabator is getting to small. i know its illegal to drain the gas my self but i was just wondering what would happen if i did, accidentally of course Wink dont wanna poison or blow my self up, any ideas?
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would increase the size of the hole in the ozone layer by releasing CFC's. Sad

Mind you I release many noxious gases on a daily basis into the atmosphere Smile

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you convert it without releasing any gases? Just not plug it in, instead put a heat pad a thermostat in there and plug them in?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickeezee youve made me think twice now Confused im constantly telling people of for using the car to go every were , me doing that would make me a bit of a hypocrite wouldnt it

scott i want to completey strip it as it ways a ton , id kill my self getting it up the stairs

might see how much it costs to drain i reckon itll still be cheaper than getting one that size
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIGHT IT BE EASIER TO USE AN OLD WOOD CUPBOARD OR EVEN MAKE ONE FROM CHEAP BOARDING? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate caps sorry.

Then just heat it up with a couple of cheapo heat mats could even put a stat on too?

Just sounds as though it would be less hastle, I think it might not be financially viable to have it drained, those Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC): a compound consisting of chlorine, fluorine, and carbon. Are little swines and very damaging to our planet. Therefore Mr big profit kicks in just to make a quick buck! They are even bigger swines, would be ok if the money went to help the planet instead of some fat arse shareholders pocket grrrrr.

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought Mattie, you could even line the boxy thing with polystyrene, yet another swine to the planet not only in production but in trying to get rid of it to!

Sorry If I am depressing you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be cool though if u used old polystyrene that would be sort of Eco friendly. Very Happy

mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decided to go with a food cooler box and aquarium heater, im pretty suprised how effective this is ,had it on over night and the temp has only fluctuated by 1c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: