Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whites tree frog help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trish27
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Whites tree frog help! Reply with quote

My frog isnt right.He isnt eating and hasnt done for a couple of weeks.Hes listless and isnt climbing just sat at the bottom of the tank.His eyes are semi closed and he looks very poorl.Any help would be appreciated?!
Filbertandtike
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the same happened with my wjite tree frogs
I have been told to try force feeding him wax worms so you can try that and clean up his tank often to keep him from getting any worse hope this helps i love whites. Very Happy
leonie
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: never trust the trade sale! Reply with quote

have had this happen once or twice the first time being the most serious when i lost a subadult female 5 days after getting her. from a large supplier via the shope where i work, turns out that the company i requested them from were never contacted and the order for 2 frogs had been placed and delivered from a rather immoral company (boss decided that it would be cheaper for her while getting higher profit from me - needless to say i left that job!) there were several factors in her death, listlessness for a couple of days, a pseudomonas bacteria and a fungal infection that used the bacterial infection as a pthway. She died after 3 days of treatment due to paper thin skin (fungal) that caused her spine to break through the skin.

the male that i purchased at the same time had reacted much better but there were 2 periods of listlessness, the first was just after the female died and the second as a result of antibiotics. he is still being swabbed with 0.5% iodine solution every night but saeems to be getting there.

common factors (with any anuran species) in apetite loss can be categorised in 2 ways, stress related and pathogenic. the best way i found of building up sickly frogs is to isolate into a small "hospital" tank purchase an electrolite/stress easing spray (without a doubt esu stress easy is one of the very best) some wax worms and tamodine, sterilize the tank nightly inc plastic plant and hide, replace tissue in bottom, spray frog with stress ease and offer it as the only source of water for a while while feeding wax worms or other froggy faves! hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: