Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted! Leo breeders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilos1177
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Wanted! Leo breeders Reply with quote

Hi! I am new to reptile keeping and want to start simple. I am looking for reputable (preferably VAT registered) leo breeders in or around Newcastle upon Tyne. If there are any out there I would appreciate the contact. Looking to buy asap!

Cheers

Neil
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Vat registered? I think you will find that most leo breeders only produce a small number of young and do it as a hobby and not a business, so doubt you will find many VAT registered. I can only think of Ray Hine Reptiles www.rayhine.com that is breeding reptiles as a business.

I would suggest that whereever you do end up buying from, make sure they are willing to answer questions etc even after you have bought your animals from them.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
neilos1177
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need VAT registered place as I am buying the gecko for a school. In order to get the cash from school they need a VAT receipt.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That case your best buying from a shop. You could try Ray Hine also.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
neilos1177
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks for your help. I have found a place close to home called 'Animal Allsorts' http://www.reptileallsorts.com/
From reading the website they seem to have been around for quite a while. Have you ever heard of them? I will make sure that I ask plenty of questions e.g. age, sex, feeding habits etc. Any other important info I would need to know. Like I say I am a complete beginner but I have read lots of books, info from the internet etc. I just want to make sure that I buy a healthy lizard so that I can enjoy raising it.

Again thanks for your help.
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them.
However, get your care from the forum or a certified reliable caresheet, as SOMETIMES, shops give misinformation.

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is mis-information everywhere, books, caresheets, forums & shops......lol.....That's why we ask people to post direct first hand experiance or if not to actually say it's not.

It must be very confusing for somebody to see loads of conflicting info all over the place.....

But don't let that put you off asking questions and using forums... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: