Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poorly beardie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: poorly beardie Reply with quote

i have just rescued two beardies from poor conditions an adult male and a younger male .the adult is now fine and healthy but the younger one refuses to eat most days and when she does eat she eats very little .i am giving them nutrobal via thier feed but no change any suggestions
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they in seperate viv's?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they are in the same viv, they the more dominant one is forcing it to be withdrawn.

try taking the bigger one out first, then feeding, then once the smaller has fed putting the bigger back and feed a little more.

if you can seperate them into two vivs it would be better though (just until they are both on same size / strength level.)
adrian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: poorly beardie Reply with quote

ive tried feeding seperately (away from eachother) different foods at intervals in the day but no joy
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you will have to keep them in seperate vivs.

does it look sick or lethargic in any way? if so, a trip to the vets is probably best.
adrian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: poorly beardie Reply with quote

all is ok now he fed today 4 wax worms and a grape so looks like things are picking up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: