Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leopard Gex Help Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Leopard Gex Help Please Reply with quote

Hello

Ok so there I am mooching around my local rep shop, when I see this yellow thing black spots with a flat tail! I know nothing about Leopard Gex, but methinks his a damm fine looking lizard, would'nt mind a few of them.

I wanna get me some of them dread liz's! But first ole Ricky must learn all there is to know, so any help will be appreciated, if you pay for them for me this will be appreciated even more!

They were £65 each is that about right, CB 05 about six inches long? I know they come in a many different strains etc, so probably hard to say if this is the right price or not.

I understand males are not good together, I was thinking about a 1.2 in say a 3ft set up / tank would this be right?

Seriously if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be nice , thank you. Very Happy

Rick

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leopard geckos are great lizards to keep, nothing special needed.

The basic principles are:
only one male (any number of females)
Thermal gradient - 90f down to 80f
Hides at both ends of gradient
Diet - gut loaded mealworms CAN be used as a staple diet but crickets are more fun to watch.
Substrate - any dry absorbing substrate can be used from paper towels, newspaper up to calcium sand or bird sand. Bark chips or wood chips are NOT recommended (I use calcium carbonate sand).

I'm sure others can post more detailed accounts of how they put those principles into practice Smile

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, glass aquarium tanks OK to use? Do they require a lid? I am slowly reading through the posts and site links. They are nice looking Lizards Very Happy

Rick

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can meet the basic principles above you could use anything to house them in...including a cardboard box Wink

They are unable to climb glass so a lid wouldn't be need to keep them in but may be usefull to stop crickets getting out, holding the heat in better or to stop anything getting IN (cats? little hands etc).

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta
Very Happy

Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOh, i just sent a pm. lol
http://www.thegeckospot.com/leocareindex.html

click on the different sections, really good care sheet,

Supplement with calcium every day, and vitamins ( eg. nutrabol ) weekly. Very Happy
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: