Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOB CLARKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott make this your new sig mate because I know you do the royals for the excitement of it I've seen the gleam in your eyes Cool

"I had my Porsche before my pastels"

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points there Scott but the industry does need competition to get the markets moving .Also to be honest as you i firstly enjoy this hobby more than what money i can make from it, So i sell cheap enough so people can afford what i have to offer .I think that bob may be feeling the pinch due to the economic slump in the U.S, but he doesnt need to import here to make money he probably has way to much stock due to the current problems there so hes offloading some stock fast?

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
mike h
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What all these people snapping up 'bargains' should remember is when Bob does the same next year and the year after, bearing in mind he'll be happy to slaughter the prices you were all hoping to sell your young for.

On and off in different post I have been saying a similer thing, though not with Scott's wisdom and insight, what if other breeders in america decide to join in and get rid of stuff in the UK?

On a slightly different note it saddens me to see adverts popping up because of the current economical climate. Someone just sold the last of their royals, a male adult pied for £1000. If things don't improve soon I think we will see a lot of UK bargains in the near future, sold out of necessity.
mike
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike h wrote:
Quote:
What all these people snapping up 'bargains' should remember is when Bob does the same next year and the year after, bearing in mind he'll be happy to slaughter the prices you were all hoping to sell your young for.

On and off in different post I have been saying a similer thing, though not with Scott's wisdom and insight, what if other breeders in america decide to join in and get rid of stuff in the UK?

On a slightly different note it saddens me to see adverts popping up because of the current economical climate. Someone just sold the last of their royals, a male adult pied for £1000. If things don't improve soon I think we will see a lot of UK bargains in the near future, sold out of necessity.
mike

sad i know , but i just missed that one Laughing Embarassed
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've read all about morph king reptiles, and their business idea's. but they never lasted.

To be honest, i did expect someone else to come along like that, so i suppose bob dumping animals over here fits the bill nicely.

www.masterpeaceartwork.com
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
Scott make this your new sig mate because I know you do the royals for the excitement of it I've seen the gleam in your eyes Cool

Laughing I like that one paul Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveL wrote:
Good points there Scott but the industry does need competition to get the markets moving .Also to be honest as you i firstly enjoy this hobby more than what money i can make from it, So i sell cheap enough so people can afford what i have to offer .I think that bob may be feeling the pinch due to the economic slump in the U.S, but he doesnt need to import here to make money he probably has way to much stock due to the current problems there so hes offloading some stock fast?

Steve,
As I said it's not about competition, we have good healthy competition in the UK already and Bob's snakes were already available over here.

I don't think anyone who posts up "I sell cheap...for the people" really do, it's more about not having to sit with young snakes in your racking. I was told by another UK breeder that really dropped his prices this year that he didn't want to sit with snakes in his racks, so he went out as the cheapest but hey guess what, the same guy is now upset that Bob has stolen his 'king of the cheap' crown Laughing .

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
MJ wrote:

Laughing I like that one paul Laughing

Good Laughing now go and look at those bloody toads!

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
SteveL wrote:

Steve,
As I said it's not about competition, we have good healthy competition in the UK already and Bob's snakes were already available over here.

I don't think anyone who posts up "I sell cheap...for the people" really do, it's more about not having to sit with young snakes in your racking. I was told by another UK breeder that really dropped his prices this year that he didn't want to sit with snakes in his racks, so he went out as the cheapest but hey guess what, the same guy is now upset that Bob has stolen his 'king of the cheap' crown Laughing .

yes i dont want to feed the buggers so i tend to shift them fast thats why i sell them cheap .but in all honesty here the market is at saturation and these things will happen especailly with the current climate

hell we all have bills to pay

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Jezz
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveL wrote:
to be honest as you i firstly enjoy this hobby more than what money i can make from it, So i sell cheap enough so people can afford what i have to offer.

SteveL wrote:
i dont want to feed the buggers so i tend to shift them fast thats why i sell them cheap. hell we all have bills to pay

Confused

2.1.0 Python Regius
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.0.1 Lampropeltis getulus californiae
1.0.0 Pantherophis guttata guttata
0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: