Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOB CLARKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to know what happened to henry batten. is he not his uk rep???
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah bit off to say the least mate...
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:

I think the word WAS, should be used, i may be wrong
hogboy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the 'Unofficial'spokesperson seems to have quietened down a bit Laughing
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rad wrote:
Lynne wrote:

I think the word WAS, should be used, i may be wrong

yes, weird he hasnt popped up and said anything.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrAdam wrote:
royalpython wrote:

I think there's going to be a fair bit of "non-feeding royal" threads made up, and in the end it's only the animals that will suffer. I for one will not contribute buying any of his animals... a lot of travelling for the snakes, hamm, and the live feeding issues.

I've bought from uk breeders and still had the whole 'non-feeding' royal, convert to defrost problem.....

To be honest that is not really the issue at all, I think Woody say's it all Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
rachel132002
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the VPI distribution was always concerning when i had the same people on my msn asking me the prices of things and what makes what - always worrying.

Too many people claim things they are not, never once realising these things always catch up in the end these big guys have ears ans eyes everywhere and who's to say they're not posting under other names to screen the UK market, would surprise me tbh.

Feeding isn't really the issue i've had live feeders here but such is life, i knew what they were when i got them i like Jonny know of a few less than happy people but a forum isn't the place to comment on that as again slander etc but being one of the big boys in the industry doesn't make you the best at your game necessarily i've seen superb animals from breeders who don't even produce much or have flshy sites just as i've seen horrendous things from well known names - it's always 6 of 1 half dozen the other.

What i fail to understand is why bar a few of us NOBODY seems to be questioning why things are so cheap, how moral or immoral it is and even more so the legalities because i'm sure if our C&E people caught wind of this of snakes being landed in the EU to go to the UK to evade taxes then i'm sure they'd have something to say on the matter and may even have ways of seizing animals there somehow and then will all these upfront buyers who haven't even seen their animals get their money back or will they be kept hanging on or what?

I don't know the laws but like many i said i can just sense something so not right with the whole thing...

Rachel
2 BCC
2 JCP
2 Leos
1 Beardy
2 Cresties
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not a clue about the legalities. Only think i can think of is tax dodging with importing reptiles? Which he said he'd pay.

I still stand by what i was saying though. I've heard some crappy stories, and it's enough to put me off anyway. It would be way to easy to buy several ghost females from him, but i'm not interested. If he can sell one person a 50 odd gram royal, who's to say i wouldn't end up with one. I'm not sure how trustworthy bob is with supplying pictures of a specific royal, but with the way things sounded at hamm... i wouldn't be surprised if i ended up with something different.

www.masterpeaceartwork.com
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're so cheap because someone is LAZY and dosn't want to actually try and sell them, rather just dump them into a stronger market at a lower price.

What all these people snapping up 'bargains' should remember is when Bob does the same next year and the year after, bearing in mind he'll be happy to slaughter the prices you were all hoping to sell your young for.

I know prices drop as availibility increases but there is a responsible way of dropping prices based in market demand not just on your own rush to get rid of your stock asap. That to me is the main issue.

I know that perhaps some people will just think I am upset at the competition but that's not the case at all, I am in an extremely fortunate position in that I do my royals for FUN, because I thoroughy enjoy the excitement of the whole morph thing and enjoy meeting and talking to others. I don't actually need to earn a penny from my reptiles BUT that doesn't mean I should spoil it for others by just 'giving' my babies away each season.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
woodage
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite worrying when someone who has 3 ball pythons to his name and very little knowledge really believes he could become VPI's UK distributor. Posting that snakes are for sale when deposits haven't even been put down or cites applied for is just 'cow dung' anyway. When I have imported in the past I have payed my money and then generated some interest, but only after I have brought the animals. It just makes better business sense to me.

The problem as I see it, is as royal morphs get cheaper the more people try to have a stake in the business. They see it as a get rich quick scheme. Where as a few years back even to buy a pastel male was £2000, you had to be a bit of a business type or at least have a bit of money to be dealing with these animals. Most of the people doing the breeding and dealing were to a greater or lesser degree intelligent business people who understood about business, profit, loss, taxes, import duties and investments.

Now as we are all seeing, people with nothing more that a years experience of keeping reptiles and their dad's credit card are trying to be business people. It takes a bit more than a big ego and some borrowed money to make it in this business or any other for that matter.

It doesn't take many months of feeding rats, cleaning snake 'poo' and cleaning tubs for Mr get rich quick to realise that actually you have to love and be obsessed by these animals to keep them. Thats when you see entire collections for sale on the classifieds.

How many "UK Distributors" and "Breeders" have just disappeared or sold up in the last 6 months??? Think about it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: