Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOB CLARKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean37
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of saving a few pounds I'd rather buy from someone i could trust in this country and end up with exactly what i ordered and feeding records. There's so much quality stuff being bred here now is there any need to risk buying from one of the big American breeders?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#77 wrote:

Would you care to elaborate on that statement Scott as I was considering making a purchase from him. You're making me think twice about it now. Do it via a PM if you want.

All I am prepared to say on the forums is that I have met several people who have bought and were less than happy. The commonest problem is that the snakes "get forgotten" and don't actually arrive or the "paperwork didn't arrive in time".

Infact me and Rad both met someone yesterday who was far from happy with the whole process of what they had bought.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
#77 wrote:

Would you care to elaborate on that statement Scott as I was considering making a purchase from him. You're making me think twice about it now. Do it via a PM if you want.

All I am prepared to say on the forums is that I have met several people who have bought and were less than happy. The commonest problem is that the snakes "get forgotten" and don't actually arrive or the "paperwork didn't arrive in time".

Infact me and Rad both met someone yesterday who was far from happy with the whole process of what they had bought.

and they was not happy, and the wasted trips they made for collection of their snakes
woodage
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these snakes BRED by bob or BROKERED by bob??????? Very Happy

Read into the above rhetorical question what you will!!
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was asked on rfuk too if i mind right.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodage wrote:
Are these snakes BRED by bob or BROKERED by bob??????? Very Happy

Read into the above rhetorical question what you will!!

Interesting question Chris, there's nothing wrong with 'brokering' stock at all but I'm sure people would want to know who it was bred by, when and where.

I'm totally open about my animals that are from Mark Mandic but I know for a fact that if I just bought stock up off the USA classifieds or from the many American shows I could buy some VERY cheap stock and even under cut Bob's prices Wink (especially after getting paid FIRST before I even start my random shopping spree....oh hold on a minute, what if I can't buy something I had already sold??? I know, I'll just say I forgot it and will bring it next time Cool Wink )

But then again would people really buy from me if I was selling stock that came from anywhere, with no way of knowing how many hands they have already been through, how and when they feed, who sexed them (maybe some complete twit practiced 'popping' on them).

That's why in my opinion it's VITAL to know the complete origin of your animals.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that Scott..
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point that would bother me is these snakes are going to shipped from the States to Hamm and after this then brought to London. That's a lot of time on the road with possibly no heat or water.
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken to some unhappy people that purchased from Bob. One of them was sold a 52g spider royal if i remember rightly. To say i wasn't impressed is an understatment.

When i was in the coach coming home from Hamm i had heard people bought from Bob who was handing the royals out in bags, and people were still buying from him without even getting a glance at the snake they were buying. Of course this is just what i heard, it could possibly be far from the truth. I have one snake that i bought from someone in the UK, that is bob clarks. There's nothing special about the albino, she's meant to be high contrast but faded. I like her faded look, but she's just a regular albino you could buy from someone else over here.

I think there's going to be a fair bit of "non-feeding royal" threads made up, and in the end it's only the animals that will suffer. I for one will not contribute buying any of his animals... a lot of travelling for the snakes, hamm, and the live feeding issues.

www.masterpeaceartwork.com
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he is delivering these snakes to london. the people have to travel there to pick them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: