Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adult floor space?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: adult floor space? Reply with quote

i know alot of you use tubs so was wondering what size floor space do you give your adult females and males if different? The reason why iam asking is my girl is looking abit big in her viv at the moment and she can just about fit into her hides so iam planning on getting a bigger viv and hides. she is currently in a 2.5'x1'x2' (LxWxH) viv so was thinking of going up to a 3'x15"x2' viv but as that's not much of an increase iam considering a 4'x15"x2' one. the other option is to get a 3ft one for now then when she gets bigger get a 4ft one and when i get a male after he out grows the 2.5ft viv i could put him in the 3ft viv which might do him the rest of his life? just some information on my female i got her in October last year and i believe shes is about a yr old and looks around 3ft(not actually measured her for awhile) and shes been a good eater for me so far. Anyway what are your opinions and advice?
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a big female(petes) in a 3ft viv and she is fine in it. and she is big. most of mine prefer the hides a tight fit. the black pastel wears his like a snail, and is very happy. i have a larger one in for him, but he is always in the smaller one. he moves it around to suit himself. the rest prefer tight fits too. sometimes what we think is small suits them fine.
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as lynne said above , they like there hides tight ( like a wooly hat )

three footer x 15 " should be fine , you never really ( well never ! ) see a snake stretched out do ya . height aint to important ( not really climbers )

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my two year old 3ft girl in a 2.5ft viv, she spends all he time nice and snug in her hidey hole. Only coming out for food and water.
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kept one of my female in a 4ft x 20in x 16 in, as long as she has lots of tight fitting hides she should enjoy.
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my females, large adult girl, was in a nice big R.U.B. and refusing to eat for many months. Is it just co-incidence Question but since I moved her into a tub that looks to be far too small for her, she has started to eat... Wink Yes she had a hide in the large tub, but the small tub is too small to sensibly put a hide into. She wraps herself in the newspaper and eats Shocked Very Happy

Not suggesting that everyone squashes their snakes into small tubs, just saying that it is good to watch the snake and see what works best for each individual one. Will try putting my lass back into a large tub soon and see what happens.
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply guys, i think iam going to go with a 3ft viv for now and i can always put her in a bigger viv. Lynne i know what you mean about them them more wearing the hides than actually using them as hides. I also moved her over from my parents house to my house and my mum took some pics whilst i had her out. they are not great shots but i thought id post em anyway.
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great james. and she will like her hide that way. my black pastels hide is like that, only he eats in it as well. i dunno how he manages. your royal is gorgeous too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: