Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super black heads/Handling and probing discussion!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people (even in the snake world) are still getting so obessed with 'celebs' nowadays that when one person breaks away from what comments are to be expected, they have to then critisise them on what they know.

have to agree with that.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezz wrote:
And?

Its a baby snake he's being rough as with.

So he's bred aload of snakes..I'm not going to start licking his @rse for handling them roughly.

Jez I'm not putting words in your mouth. As you can see above.

I know Ralph. I know the way he keeps his animals. Those snakes are big babies. They are tougher than you think.
woodage
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLynn. Its not a case of being celebrity obsessed. I deal with MUCH bigger celebrities as part of my day to day job. Ralph is a fat guy from the midwest who breeds snakes. He aint no celebrity.
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodage wrote:
LLynn. Its not a case of being celebrity obsessed. I deal with MUCH bigger celebrities as part of my day to day job. Ralph is a fat guy from the midwest who breeds snakes. He aint no celebrity.

oh you know what i mean. Laughing Laughing
whats your day job? you have me wondering now!
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean!!

My job? www.woodagephoto.com
Jezz
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those babies were no more than 2 days old when he was handling them like this...
'nuff said..

2.1.0 Python Regius
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.0.1 Lampropeltis getulus californiae
1.0.0 Pantherophis guttata guttata
0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fantastic pictures.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the double-standard that the guy with the grassnake received.

Quite frankly, it is a stupid way to pick up any snake by the tail. Sure, praise Steve Irwin for his snake handling, but a lot of the venomous handlers would tell you that Mr. Irwin relies mostly on luck when handling King Browns like that as several people demonstrated why it is not a good idea to handle them by the tail. But that is a different issue entirely. Sorry about going off track here, but a lot of people like to cite Steve Irwin when field-herping. He is a television star... not a well-respected herpetologist -- nothing more; most professionals don't recognize him anyway.

The ONLY people I can think of that handle snakes by the tails are people with dangerous constrictors or potentially dangerous constrictors -- have control of the tail, and it's easier to get out of trouble if one ever get into trouble. But people who own those are far and few on the northern side of the pond here.

People handle their snakes differently. Get over it, move on. People love to bicker about every little details on hobby forums nowaday. Yes, Ralph was not respecting their bodies, but you know what? "You think crying about it on a public forum going to change it? He is a private snake breeder, not a politician or a corporate elite. His fame is not going to change, unless he engaged in illegal activities. And quite frankly, he won't care even if he came across this thread.

From my experiences, people always underestimate the hardiness of reptiles and their strengths. I have never heard of anyone snapping a snake's spine by picking them up. In fact, in virtually all the cases, severing the spine usually occur when the person abuse the snake by thrashing them against another object or throwing the object at the snake.

God, people like to create more drama than needed in the hobby these days...
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only one bickering here and causing drama is you. if i had been there in the room, and he had done that i would have said to him.
we all have opinions, i get fed up saying that. i have mine you have yours and jezz has hers. hers is my way of thinking. it will never change, i have always treated all my animals with respect and love, and i always will. i would never pick a snake of mine, especially a baby, up by the tail. thats my opinion. no bickering and no drama. Very Happy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynne wrote:
the only one bickering here and causing drama is you. if i had been there in the room, and he had done that i would have said to him.
we all have opinions, i get fed up saying that. i have mine you have yours and jezz has hers. hers is my way of thinking. it will never change, i have always treated all my animals with respect and love, and i always will. i would never pick a snake of mine, especially a baby, up by the tail. thats my opinion. no bickering and no drama. Very Happy

Maybe everyone need to review this thread and see what happening to it. The thread was started as a way to compliment the Super Blackheads... and it spiraled into topic about how Ralph Davis treat his snakes and how "celebs" get double standards. That is is the forum drama I am referring to that is unnecessary since he not going to see this thread.

See what I means? It started off as an innocent thread, and it turned into this right from the first post.

Now, I am not much for Ball Pythons, they are nice looking... but I prefer the slender pythons... like the Liasis and Morelia. But I do know a good looking Ball when I see one though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: