Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super black heads/Handling and probing discussion!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jezz that was meant for you. they cant have been handling them longer than iv been alive!!! Laughing
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Llynn it was! Very Happy
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodage wrote:
Yes Llynn it was! Very Happy

you cheeky sod.....am not THAT old you know!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys... if you going to blast him... you might as well blast EVERY private collectors and breeders that show off their snake collections. A lot of veterans treat their snakes in that manner. Why? They are showing off their snakes, like Ralph was in the video.

Yes, he could had handled it better; but it was the best way to show them off. Walk through a famous breeder facility and ask them to show their snakes, and you will see them treat their snakes in the same manner.

It is not harmful to the snake... and you know there is a line between a "pet" and "collection." Once it cross over into "collection," people start to realize animals don't generally care about how they are handled if it is not traumatizing to them (ie. throwing them against the ground like some punks do.)

Last edited by Kioka on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezz
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Lynne.

Fair play to him for the breeding and what not, thats great, really.
But nobody was commenting on his breeding methods or anything of that sort.

And i seem to remember people going absolutely SICK over some lad nobody knows doing vids in the woods picking grass snakes up by the tail..

And what do we have now..

a celeb of the snake world doing it and people praise him.

How sad our llittle reptile world has become when 'normal' people get slagged to the ground, yet a well known breeder does the same and the light shines out of his ass. Rolling Eyes

2.1.0 Python Regius
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.0.1 Lampropeltis getulus californiae
1.0.0 Pantherophis guttata guttata
0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kioka wrote:
Okay guys... if you going to blast him... you might as well blast EVERY private collectors and breeders that show off their snake collections. A lot of veterans treat their snakes in that manner. Why? They are showing off their snakes, like Ralph was in the video.

Yes, he could had handled it better; but it was the best way to show them off. Walk through a famous breeder facility and ask them to show their snakes, and you will see them treat their snakes in the same manner.

It is not harmful to the snake... and you know there is a line between a "pet" and "collection." Once it cross over into "collection," people start to realize animals don't generally care about how they are handled if it is not traumatizing to them (ie. throwing them against the ground like some punks do.)

disagree with you there. my collection, are my pets. and any breeders i know of bp's do not handle them like that when i have asked to see them. and i also disagree about it not being harmful. a jerk the wrong way and the snakes neck/back could be snapped. i would have more respect for him if he handled them gentler. on saying that they are still stunning snakes.
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodage wrote:
Crazy??? I have made two short comments. You obviously think you know best. Go ahead you are entitled to your opinion. Ralph has been keeping snakes for longer than you have been alive(As have I). He treats his animals with great care. The fact that you think that he's treating them roughly just shows your limited knowledge of both snakes and RDR.

Treating them roughly...hmm your putting words in my mouth darling.

I said handling them roughly.

Maybe people (even in the snake world) are still getting so obessed with 'celebs' nowadays that when one person breaks away from what comments are to be expected, they have to then critisise them on what they know.

My knowledge on snakes..hmm..I handle them carefully, gently, yet confidently...I make sure i know what they need exactly before I keep them and all are doing well thankyou..

Thats all i need to know to actually keep snakes, and i will learn as i go along..

I don't claim to have alot of knowledge on them..'Cause I know I don't but the ones who should be commenting here are not the ones critising others for what they know and don't know.

Forums shouldn't be bitchy like that, (or at least the members) they should be sopportive lovely Wink

2.1.0 Python Regius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea

Last edited by Jezz on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kioka
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezz wrote:
Agree with Lynne.

And i seem to remember people going absolutely SICK over some lad nobody knows doing vids in the woods picking grass snakes up by the tail..

How sad our llittle reptile world has become when 'normal' people get slagged to the ground, yet a well known breeder does the same and the light shines out of his ass. Rolling Eyes

Quite frankly.... picking them up by the tail is not the best idea if the snake happen to be venomous... however if one don't have a snake hook and is faced with a bitey speicmen, sometimes there is no other way to do it other than leave it alone.

Now that being said...

Welcome to the hobby, more drama than Young & the Restless... (or any popular soap opera of your choice.)
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are not venemous though, or fully grown. they are babies!!!!
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kioka wrote:
Jezz wrote:
Agree with Lynne.

Quite frankly.... picking them up by the tail is not the best idea if the snake happen to be venomous... however if one don't have a snake hook and is faced with a bitey speicmen, sometimes there is no other way to do it other than leave it alone.

Now that being said...

Welcome to the hobby, more drama than Young & the Restless... (or any popular soap opera of your choice.)

Or the best idea to pick any snake up..
from a snake that size..whats the need..the bite wouldn't hurt and no way was there any need too, the snake wasn't going to bite Laughing

Why would anyone want to pick a snake up by the end of its tail, sopporting the whole weight of it by that..oooof some people..

2.1.0 Python Regius
0.1.0 Testudo hermanni
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: