Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snake fed for the first time :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Snake fed for the first time :) Reply with quote

Got 2 Royals last week after 9 years of moaning at my mum and dad and I went to give them their first feed today.

Thats the first fed within 5 seconds of opening the tub, head popped out the hide and bam he took it. So pleased that hes eating so quick Smile

Heres hoping with the other.

I'll upload pics of the lovely couple whenever I find out how to do it on these forums lol.
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other one isnt interested in feeding Sad seems to want to come out for a play more than eat. Left the mouse in there gona wait 5 mins and come up and see if theres any interest
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the first , hows the second one doing
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one introduced to the Royal craze Cool Try leaving the awkward feeder for a few days, then late in the evening put a warm food item just outside the hide and creep away. Leave until the morning and see what happens. All the best, have fun and don't worry, lots of people on this Forum to help with any problems. Smile

Sue
josh_j_mcg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one was very strong, opened the tub and as soon as I opened his head popped out the hide, tongue flickin like mad then bam he struck it.

Other one just seemed to wana climb out the tub and go climbin on me. I'll try feeding later on this week maybe around Wednesday and see if hes interested again, hopefully he'll be hungry.

As long as hes still lookin healthy Im ok.
Bazzer
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,

rather than trying to feed on Wednesday, i would leave him/ her until next Saturday and just don't disturb him/ her for the whole week. I know it'll be difficult, but it'll be worth it in the end.

BAz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: