Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

meet my gecko family (part 1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebthegecko
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: meet my gecko family (part 1) Reply with quote

I thought I'd intoduce my gecko family

First off Bruno my Macksnow male currently 86 gms, he came from D.Davis so I don't doubt his lieage (but he is very yellow)

Next Bruno's mate this year Bell a rare!! normal, she is now back to 63gms after droping weight producing eggs, 12 in all but sadly only 3 hatched

here are two off their offspring both 6gms and both looking normal
004 &005

more to follow, doing pics is a pain
sebthegecko
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more of my geckos

Ali my big male hybino now 93gms, he's got a pit grumpy/aggressive lately could this be because he's mated this year and wants more?

his mate for this year is Ct my SHtctB, down 88gms from 90 but has laid 4 eggs with 2 hatching. they both came from D.Davis Ali should have been a female just show even with experience sexing is hard

their two offspring 002 &003, not too positive on their morphs yet, opinions please
002 is two weeks older than 003 and they weight 32 & 20gms

more later
sebthegecko
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest of the gang

Blossom, shes the viv mate to Bell, they came from the same small breeder in Corly, shes currently causing a bit off concern shes down in weight to 51gms from 67 in march all-thought that was a one of, she normally weights in around 55gms. She was also mated with Bruno but only produced one manky egg, I wont mate her again she just a pet from now on. I did separate her from Bell when Bell was laying as I thought she was stealing all the food, bu she is now back with Bell and wont eat?

heres a pic of her with Ct taken when she was heavier

next up is my pet shop gecko Gizzmo a ShCt very yellowy/banana coloring doesn't Really show to well on pic, hes 80gms and ready to mate next season

Next up are my two rescue gecko Gin & Tonic both females and will go into my breeding project next year
Gin is 83gm and tonic 65, morph wise I have then as tangerines ?

Gin

tonic

lastly one little fella who is going to be the main kingpin in next seasons breeding Mr mistopiles AKA 003 form PS geckos (pic courtesy of PS geckos) he's currently on hold and will be with me soon

I just need to add two more females to make my little breeding colony complete, I'm looking to but a Bell sunglow/hybino and a MackBell or a nice Macksnow....

thanks for looking
PaulG
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice love the bell enigma, and yes deffo get a mack het bell or a bell mack !! Cool Very Happy

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
sebthegecko
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulG wrote:
Very nice love the bell enigma, and yes deffo get a mack het bell or a bell mack !! Cool Very Happy

Well I cant take any credit for him ( other than paying for him, Ps Geckos seem to have done a excellent job with their enigma breeding project, it took me a long time researching which breeder to source one from and I think I've made a en-formed choice
Steve H
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking group of geckos. Very Happy
Like your mack snow you got of D.Davies,very funky pattern.I bought a mack snow off him too but a very pale one which i picked out of about 50 and Dave said ,"i just knew you were going to pick that one when i said all those were the same price". Laughing Laughing Laughing
sebthegecko
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Nice looking group of geckos. Very Happy
Like your mack snow you got of D.Davies,very funky pattern.I bought a mack snow off him too but a very pale one which i picked out of about 50 and Dave said ,"i just knew you were going to pick that one when i said all those were the same price". Laughing Laughing Laughing

yea hes sort of not quite a jungle more aberrant, that's the gecko not Dave

I hoped to get a least one macksnow offspring from him but sadly out of 12 eggs only 3 hatched and all were normals,
Steve H
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hoped to get a least one macksnow offspring from him but sadly out of 12 eggs only 3 hatched and all were normals,

Somebody who knows alot more about breeding leopard geckos than me told me you can't get a normal if a mack snow is one of the parents only pastel macks. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I've not bred mine yet as i can't decide what to breed it to. Very Happy Very Happy I'm more into orange morphs and when i went to see Dave's geckos it was to buy something else but ended up with a mack snow too at a knock down price. Wink
SleepyDee
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Somebody who knows alot more about breeding leopard geckos than me told me you can't get a normal if a mack snow is one of the parents only pastel macks. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

from what I understand reading the Mack LG Genetics page if you cross a macksnow with a normal you have about a 25% chance of getting a macksnow (though some places reckon 50% mack & 50% normal) ~ the pastels come about through Mack X Mack pairings Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: