Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider colour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Spider colour Reply with quote

This is a photo of my male Spider. He is ten months old and weighs 690gr. Just weighed him tonight and was pleasantly surprised at his weight Surprised My Pastel girl is longer than him but weighs less, so he is obviously going to be short and stout Laughing

Now, serious question please. When I went to choose from 3 Spiders from the same clutch I chose him because I loved the gold colour on his lower sides, was I wrong to choose him ? My reasoning was that a lot of gold on his sides would make for better crosses. I love him to bits and it REALLY does not matter, so please give me honest answers - it will not hurt me... much.... Wink Should I have chosen one with a bit more white and a bit less gold ? Would like to know for next time Very Happy

Sue
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another of my lousy photos, this time with the Pastel female.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in the eye of the beholder Sue, some like the high white sides others don't.

I like both but most importantly for me is that they are bright in colour.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
The Medusan
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking (and this is a VERY general remark and NOT to be taken as gospel) high white Spiders make better looking Bumble Bees whilst high yellow / gold Spiders tend to make better loooking Honey Bees. If you cross the Spider with a Lesser this, of course, becomes a moot point! Wink
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tend to like bright colouring and white side, but TBH one could be completely different and catch my eye
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he looks cool to me sue,the first female spider i bought i had the choice of three from a set of import's and i chose the lowest white but the cleanest 'webbing' i dont like to see remnants of alien heads on spiders Wink
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou all very much for your comments. Have had the Spider since the 31-12-07 and his gold does seem to have spread, whilst the white has not - love him lots Smile Interesting to know about the Honey-bee, oh dear, that does mean that I need to get a nice Orange Ghost Wink Not this year though.

My female Lesser ( picking up from Scott soon ) will be being used with my male Lesser to try for B.E.L.s Very Happy WOW, isn't this the most exciting hobby Question Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: