Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clutch #19 Caramel x het Caramel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing makes it all more fun Laughing TBH I can pretty much work out which are which, the ones with the eggs floating in water are the wetter ones (and coincidently Dave's) and the others will be the dryer ones (mine) Cool

Thanks, yep two female caramels would be perfect and probably both keepers Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Jase
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result from the lil lady. Everything crossed for you for a caramel or 4 Very Happy

I know from watching Ralph Davis' YouTube vids that he uses 1:8 water:vermiculite by volume also.

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase wrote:

I know from watching Ralph Davis' YouTube vids that he uses 1:8 water:vermiculite by volume also.

That's a reassuring conicidence, To go into more technical details I use 8 scopes of vermiculite (using a cricket tub) with one scope of water Laughing I came to this number by the fact that adding nine scopes was taking too long and I was running out of vermiculite Embarassed Laughing As for the water, that was leaking down me everytime I filled the cricket tub so to stop me getting too wet I thought I'd limit it to one scope per egg box Cool
So that's how I came to my 'magic' formula Cool Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott your so lucky to have a mate like dave who is so open to experiment's Wink one of these days after maybe a few season's worth of ruined eggs you might drop on a secret formula and all dave's losses will be worth it.keep plugging away mate Laughing
The Medusan
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really need to get back before it's too late! Rolling Eyes
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Medusan wrote:

Might not be a bad idea, you could give them all fresh water while your here Embarassed Laughing

The Medusan
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
The Medusan wrote:

Might not be a bad idea, you could give them all fresh water while your here Embarassed Laughing

It's entirely my fault. I shouldn't have entrusted their care to such an inexperienced keeper, one without a clue however enthusiastic. A novice just learning the ropes - it was too much to expect they could cope. I see that now ... Embarassed
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Medusan wrote:

It's entirely my fault. I shouldn't have entrusted their care to such an inexperienced keeper, one without a clue however enthusiastic. A novice just learning the ropes - it was too much to expect they could cope. I see that now ... Embarassed

You gave some to John & Terry too??? Shocked

DrAdam
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
Jase wrote:

That's a reassuring conicidence, To go into more technical details I use 8 scopes of vermiculite (using a cricket tub) with one scope of water Laughing I came to this number by the fact that adding nine scopes was taking too long and I was running out of vermiculite Embarassed Laughing As for the water, that was leaking down me everytime I filled the cricket tub so to stop me getting too wet I thought I'd limit it to one scope per egg box Cool
So that's how I came to my 'magic' formula Cool Laughing

That is a truly remarkable scientific method Laughing Cool Reading your explaination I can't see anything but logic, that has to be a good thing Wink

Good luck with the eggs mate

Never take life too seriously, no-one gets out alive anyway
The Medusan
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
The Medusan wrote:

You gave some to John & Terry too??? Shocked

I'm sending you "Janet & John Do Ball Pythons" as it has lots of pictures and no long words. I'm also sending you "The A to B of Python Regius" You can have "C to Z" when you've mastered the basics - like Water! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: