Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon or Nikon r Other??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Pretty sure jessops will match uk online dealers mate..
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went into Jessops today armed with my vouchers all excited - - and realised I had forgotten my flaming wallet so could not pay the excess!! Aargh.

Still it gave me a chance to take a look. The guy in there also told me to think about the Sony Alpha A300 which was slightly cheaper. He reckons it has a better live preview than the Canon (although he didnt really explain how it was better.....any ideas? Canons is apparently not a true live preview) and he said the Sony Cameras are coming on leaps and bounds and are selling really well.

Also mentioned the Nikon D60 but this again whilst probably a very good camera seems under-specced compared to the Canon.

Think I will go for the Canon with a bundle deal where I can get the Tamron 70-300mm lense for half price .
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Yeah the canon does have a few advantages tbh over the nikon but in all honesty you probably wouldn't notice them..never used live view so can't comment..doesn't appeal to me in all fairness. Some of the sonys are good its just the lack of lenses available.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In laymans terms am I right in assuming that the live view is simply taking a shot from the image on the LCD screen rather than from the viewfinder?

He kept on mentioning on the Canon would need to switch something over from automatic...?

Cheers
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from another site

Live View modes
Quick mode
In Quick mode, AutoFocus mode momentarily stops the view on the LCD while quickly setting focus. To lock focus, the AE Lock (*) button needs to be pressed. Quick mode is faster and more accurate than Live mode, but the price to pay is the brief blackout of the display between shots.

Live mode
In Live mode, the scene is continuously displayed on the LCD. Pressing the * button locks focus. Live mode is slower than Quick mode but the LCD is not interrupted when the * button is pressed. In a similar fashion to a compact camera LCD, Live mode simulates the actual exposure, giving a better idea of how the scene will be exposed. You can also verify depth of field in Live view. This mode is well-suited for close-up shots and timed exposures.

Using Live view
To use Live view, it must be enabled. For autofocuing in Live view, the XSi should be set to ONE SHOT and AutoFocus should be set to ONE SHOT, not nine points. For manual focus, switch the lens to manual focus.

Live view takes some getting used to, so using the manual to learn about this feature is a must. Instructions start on page 96.
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before i got my d300 i was really looking forwrd to using the 'liveview' but in all honesty i havnt even tried to use it as yet Rolling Eyes i may get round to it one day Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: