Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatties
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkreptiles
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Fatties Reply with quote

AFT Variety!!!

This is our first year breeding AFT's and were suprised at how light the hatchlings are compared to their parents - do they darken with age - the pic below was taken at 3 months old all around 17g

Thanks in advance .....
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first year as well with AFT's and I have some hatchlings that are bright orange and yellow they really glow, the one remaining little amel will hopefully colour up nicely when it's eating properly. I have to say I have 1 hatchling that I have named monster that is approximately 6 weeks old, and I think possibly heavier than 17g Shocked I'm going to have to weigh it and see for sure, will also get some pics up as well. There is a second one as well looking to be going the same way weight wise, but monster is almost the size of some of the smaller adults Shocked I've never heard any mention of a giant gene with AFT's but this one is HUGE compared to the others.

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOO very lovely things
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
krep
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the colors - great picture Very Happy
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weighed my monster and he/she came in at a wopping 14g Shocked And is still growing like a weed Laughing The colour variations though are huges as you said, never have two that look close.

Claire
arkreptiles
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really oranging up now!! Unfortunately it looks like they are all boys - would have been good to see offspring as they were from a wild caught group!!!
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get some pics of mine up as well as soon as I can and we can compare notes Very Happy I have a feeling that my parent group might be WC, although in actual fact I have no idea, they sort of feel in my lap for a price I couldn't refuse, and there was a language barrier as well. I've got one that is almost tango orange and definately not an amel. I'm hoping for at least some girls in my babies I incubated at the same temp as I have for the leos although the fatties don't like it quite so cool as the leos so it could go either way, I'll have to have a bash as sexing them with the jewellers loop Laughing

Claire
arkreptiles
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be we had them from the same source?? We got ours from a Polish chap in Birmingham ......
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing So did I Laughing We're related Very Happy Well the geckos probably are anyway. Have you had any fun with your adults? Some of mine decided not to eat mealworms, but I think I have them all converted over from crickets now Wink

Claire
arkreptiles
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from one they all passed away tbh Sad. The female that survived is the mum to the trio in the pic.

She and the others were all very bity and fussy with their food, she is still on crickets and only takes the occasional mealworm but otherwise doing fine and finally starting to calm down.

The babies are superb though, we're well chuffed (all over 20g now), just a shame they all turned out to be boys - guess one of them will be mating with Mum next year!!! The remainder will be sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: