Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Before i start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roeder1969
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Before i start Reply with quote

Hello peeps
Before i start with my breeding projects which is more of a hobby than making mega bucks I've noticed that some people sell their morphs with papers.how do they go about getting these papers are they a legal document from a herp society or what.
sorry about all these questions but i need to research before i go for it.
Thanks in advance

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 Royal Python

[IMG]http://pythonkings.nl/koningspython.php?id=410[/IMG]
royalpython
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i start, are crickets your forte? Laughing

Normally the snakes that come with papers are made up and provided by the breeder to prove that a normal looking snake is heterozygous for a certain trait (recessive snakes). Breeder's do this to gaurantee them with photographic ID's.

So if you bought a pastel thats co-dominant, and it looks like a pastel, you wouldn't really need it because visually it's obvious.

www.masterpeaceartwork.com
roeder1969
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Before i start Reply with quote

royalpython wrote:
Before i start, are crickets your forte? Laughing

Normally the snakes that come with papers are made up and provided by the breeder to prove that a normal looking snake is heterozygous for a certain trait (recessive snakes). Breeder's do this to gaurantee them with photographic ID's.

So if you bought a pastel thats co-dominant, and it looks like a pastel, you wouldn't really need it because visually it's obvious.

Yes i love crickets i breed them for my beardies and me lol
Thanks for that answer it has set my mind at rest

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons
1.1.0 Corn Snakes
1.0.0 Royal Python

[IMG]http://pythonkings.nl/koningspython.php?id=410[/IMG]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: