Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A shedee and an escapee!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: A shedee and an escapee! Reply with quote

Went into my snake room this morning to turn the light on and open the blind and wondered why the insulating boards I have on the window sill had moved outwards, lifted the front 2 up to find a small and slightly offended female royal curled up all cozy!! The window sill is directly over the radiator which was on and just nice and warm, she was very happy until she was put back into her tub which happens to be about 4 foot higher than the radiator so she had a serious adventure climbing down to the radiator, just glad she didn't disappear down the hole in the floorboards where the skirting was removed to install the hatchling rack, also glad she didn't push her way into the geckos tub and have a light snack Shocked Laughing

Checked in on my female Delta who has become a water python for the last 2 weeks, and she obviously managed to drag herself out of the water tub long enough to shed, so hopefully in about 30 days I should be seeing some eggs!!!! Very Happy Will try and get some pics of the big sulky lump tomorrow and post up Laughing

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
Godzilla
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it amazes me just how good the little rascals can be at escaping , i had an albino male get out and after spending an hour searching for the awol lil rascal he turned up in a cupboard i had previously checked twice !!!
and good luck with the eggs too Very Happy
1.0.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
oodles of normal royals
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amusing how they manage to get out and then climb to where ever it is there are going, specially as they are not very good climbers Wink
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Claire, I can't say I've had any escape for a long time but I do sometimes leave tubs open Embarassed The dog was barking like mad last summer, was a nice lesser exploring the hall way Embarassed Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Godzilla, hopefully a couple of pastel het ghost in there, or some Yellow Bellies.

Yep they certainly are good climbers by the looks of things Laughing

Good job Chloe alerted you Scott, she’s obviously really god at her job, hope she trains the puppy well for you Wink

Claire
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lost a 700grm het pied female 2 years ago that was to never be seen again so you've had a lucky escape claire Sad
DrAdam
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 1000g female get out of a 10mm gap in the top of the tub..... The next night she tried again but got stuck!! She hasnt tried it since Laughing

Never take life too seriously, no-one gets out alive anyway
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Jamie Sad How the hell did you get her to 700gms? I can't get my cow to eat!!!!

So that's how you put them off trying to get out DrAdam, I've just put a sign up saying 'No Exit' and hope she can read it! Laughing

Claire
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dracowoman2"]Sorry to hear that Jamie Sad How the hell did you get her to 700gms? I can't get my cow to eat!!!!

Cannot remember where I read this, on one of the Royal sites Rolling Eyes but apparently whilst Spiders are known for eating, Pieds are known for NOT eating Crying or Very sad
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="quasimodo"]
Dracowoman2 wrote:
Sorry to hear that Jamie Sad How the hell did you get her to 700gms? I can't get my cow to eat!!!!

Cannot remember where I read this, on one of the Royal sites Rolling Eyes but apparently whilst Spiders are known for eating, Pieds are known for NOT eating Crying or Very sad

really. thanks for the warning sue!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Ball / Royal Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: