Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diamond Pyhon's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iriechris
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Diamond Pyhon's Reply with quote

Hey, i have kept a various amount of snakes in the last few years, and i really like the look of diamond pythons, can anyone tell me what its like to keep them?

E.g. temperament, Viv sizes & type, prices, feeding amounts etc.

They look like great snakes to keep i would like to hear from people who have experience with the species.

Thanks Guys.

Varanus 0.0.1
Rhacodactylus 1.0.0
Uromastyx 1.1.0
iriechris
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone. . . . please??

Varanus 0.0.1
Rhacodactylus 1.0.0
Uromastyx 1.1.0
robuk
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine in very similar conditions to my jungle and coastal carpets, with the exception being the temperatures. I provide them with very little supplementary heat at night. NTLs are generally in the low 70's. This is just the way I keep them and there are likely to be other views. I also try to take mine outside once a week, to give them access to natural sunlight. Again, there are different views on a diamond's need for UV.

Breeding temperatures are another matter all together.

I'm afraid I have no idea what '08s will go for. Keep an eye on the classifieds to see whether anyone is offering them.

Here is also a link to a care sheet by Stan Chiras, a US breeder.

http://sthcoastherpsociety.bizland.com/diamondpaper.chtml

It makes an interesting read, but there are some controversial opinions in here, particularly relating to his hibernation technique. Having said that, I have not bred diamonds.

There are some other guys on this forum who keep diamonds. Hopefully, they'll let you know their views.

Regards
Rob
iriechris
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks Robuk!

I will have a good read of the care sheet, i will not be getting one for quite some time but love reading up on species and getting as much knowledge about them.

Anyone else? i would like to know about the typical temperament, how active they are and sizes of enclousures in particular.

Thanks again.
Chris

Varanus 0.0.1
Rhacodactylus 1.0.0
Uromastyx 1.1.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: